need advice for these guys

Vintage Rolex Discussion

need advice for these guys

October 21st, 2011, 3:07 pm #1

dear all,
i am going to get some vintage rolex from the following guys, can anyone know about their reputation??

1) matthew bain
2) robert spayne
3) kamal choraria
4) mark lerman

br,
jim

October 21st, 2011, 3:30 pm #2

I can vouch for number 3.
K has been responsible for bringing some of the finest Vintage Rolex ever seen to the Market.

---Perpetual Knowledge---
-Perpetual Knowledge-

October 21st, 2011, 3:41 pm #3

hey roger,

thanks for your quick reply, this is helpful.....so no.3 is your choice !

jens
jens

October 21st, 2011, 4:13 pm #4

K has been responsible for bringing some of the finest Vintage Rolex ever seen to the Market.

+1

October 21st, 2011, 4:28 pm #5

dear all,
i am going to get some vintage rolex from the following guys, can anyone know about their reputation??

1) matthew bain
2) robert spayne
3) kamal choraria
4) mark lerman

br,
jim
1) Matt Bain, along with his partner Massimo Barraca, has been in this game a long time and sold some great watches. They were formally known as "Watchcommander." Expensive but he will stand behind his product 100% in my experience. I would not hesitate to do business with him.
2) AFAIK, Spayne works for Bob Maron. Maron has a long history in this business and has sold a ton of watches. If you search his name here, you can find out more. I have found Rob Spayne's descriptions, while lengthy, to be often incorrect. Stuff is definitely almost always overpriced for what it is and the condition it is in, IMO. This is a common problem now that quality pieces are harder to find than in the past.
3) Love him or hate him, Kamal is certainly a top dealer with outstanding watches who will stand behind his product 100%. Speaking in professional and not personal terms, he is one of the best in his trade with a knack for finding outstanding quality pieces. You will pay but at the end of the day you will have a great, no issues watch in all probability.
4) Have you not been paying attention the last week or so?

Best regards & good hunting,
T.

October 21st, 2011, 8:24 pm #6

K is a TOP Dealer with Top Quality....Highclass!
Last edited by kaiserfranz on October 21st, 2011, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 21st, 2011, 11:11 pm #7

1) Matt Bain, along with his partner Massimo Barraca, has been in this game a long time and sold some great watches. They were formally known as "Watchcommander." Expensive but he will stand behind his product 100% in my experience. I would not hesitate to do business with him.
2) AFAIK, Spayne works for Bob Maron. Maron has a long history in this business and has sold a ton of watches. If you search his name here, you can find out more. I have found Rob Spayne's descriptions, while lengthy, to be often incorrect. Stuff is definitely almost always overpriced for what it is and the condition it is in, IMO. This is a common problem now that quality pieces are harder to find than in the past.
3) Love him or hate him, Kamal is certainly a top dealer with outstanding watches who will stand behind his product 100%. Speaking in professional and not personal terms, he is one of the best in his trade with a knack for finding outstanding quality pieces. You will pay but at the end of the day you will have a great, no issues watch in all probability.
4) Have you not been paying attention the last week or so?

Best regards & good hunting,
T.
I agree with Tom. Kamal will always produce a fine specimen and stand behind it

As far as Matt Bain , I have been in his shop a couple of times and I think his prices are average and overpriced frankly

Ron matron very overpriced

Mark lerman I don't know bit I do follow the forum notes

October 22nd, 2011, 12:10 am #8

well, the fact is i am going to spend money from these guys....as u know, we are talking about USDXXX,000 , so that's why i want to do some research on it, afterall, my conclusion is....no.3 (k) is my 1st choice, then no.1, then 2?? As they all sell genuine 100% real rolex, only a metter of pricing, right?

October 22nd, 2011, 1:16 am #9

...plug in these names & USE IT!
Best,
T.

P.S. I may be biased but you should also consider Eric Ku/10pastten.com and Jed McCormack/thetimetraveler.co if you are planning on assembling a serious collection. Both top notch dealers and individuals!

October 22nd, 2011, 2:54 am #10

hey tom, i think i should trust u than everyone else! ^^