Need advice for my recent purchase on VRF

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Need advice for my recent purchase on VRF

October 26th, 2011, 9:36 am #1

Dear fellow members,

I made a purchase on VRF recently and received the bezel insert safely.

However, the actual bezel insert looks materially from the photos as listed by the seller on VRF dated 7 Oct 2011. 

Photos comparing the Actual insert vs the photos as listed by the seller on VRF are listed below :  

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

The actual color tone of the insert is grey vs choco / brown as shown on VRF photos.

The font size of the actual insert is much thinner than the photos as shown on VRF.

If you were me, what would you do ? Any advice please?

Thanks in advance

Jimmy C

October 26th, 2011, 9:51 am #2

Try talking to the seller first...NT

October 26th, 2011, 10:43 am #3

Dear fellow members,

However, the actual bezel insert looks materially from the photos as listed by the seller on VRF dated 7 Oct 2011. 

Photos comparing the Actual insert vs the photos as listed by the seller on VRF are listed below :  

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

The actual color tone of the insert is grey vs choco / brown as shown on VRF photos.

The font size of the actual insert is much thinner than the photos as shown on VRF.

Thanks in advance

Jimmy C
The 2 look different based on my naked eyes. I'll talk to the seller -nt-

October 26th, 2011, 10:57 am #4

Dear fellow members,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks in advance

Jimmy C
http://www.network54.com/Forum/207673/m ... 317969527/

I can't understand why you don't asked Jimmy.
I write this in my offer if the inlay would be brown.
You can see that is a faded black inlay on the last big picture.

Regards Roy

October 26th, 2011, 11:17 am #5

Dear fellow members,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks in advance

Jimmy C
It does look that it is a thick font. just my personal opinion not taking any side here
good luck Ray

October 26th, 2011, 11:36 am #6

Dear fellow members,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks in advance

Jimmy C
the scratches, marks, dings, etc. should match exactly. Hard to tell from the pics you posted, but you should be able to tell if the identifying marks on the insert exactly match the photos in the ad.

October 26th, 2011, 11:43 am #7

Dear fellow members,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks in advance

Jimmy C
Although the colour looks to have been presented favorably in brown and the font thicker also they clearly (from the defect scratches) appear to be the same insert.

Although the pictures look to misrepresent the item the short selling words do not.

The return policy only allows for refund if only not original so either the seller is a good guy and sorts you out to keep you happy or he sticks to his return policy to the letter which he's in his right to do also.

I'll be interested to see how the mods view this

Steve

October 26th, 2011, 12:09 pm #8

Dear fellow members,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks in advance

Jimmy C
but, many seller are poor photographers. I always toake the photo and wash it through photoshop to check level of patina and insert colors. Sellers would be best served to take pics outside in natural light without a flash to best capture accurate color.

October 26th, 2011, 1:04 pm #9

Dear fellow members,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks in advance

Jimmy C
But...the images are of the "background changes perception" style. The green background makes the insert look more like brown. Same way as Ben's couch images always create a little bit more patina. The human eye unfortunately has some areas of improvement left.

As for the font, aside from the fact that your images make it fatter because the numbers are unfocused, it looks ok.

October 26th, 2011, 2:17 pm #10

Dear fellow members,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks in advance

Jimmy C
pics are a unintentional trap in this case, everybody would be unhappy opening the parcel.