My new Attila Aszodi Strap

Vintage Rolex Discussion

My new Attila Aszodi Strap

August 9th, 2011, 1:21 am #1

Hi guys, got my new Attila strap that I got specially customized from Attila and couldn't be happier. The thread exactly matches the red writing on the sub and it sure got a killer look to it. The leathers soft and supple, unlike any I have tried before and the leather has a tobacco"ish like perfume that's irresistible:). Special thanks to Attila, he sent me the strap even before he got the payment which got held up with my provider due to need for some more details. He's a great guy and a pleasure to work with. Will let the pictures do the talking:)

August 9th, 2011, 1:22 am #2

Super!! Attila is a class act!

August 9th, 2011, 1:33 am #3

Thanks Vijay!

Grab
Grab

August 9th, 2011, 3:51 am #4

Hi guys, got my new Attila strap that I got specially customized from Attila and couldn't be happier. The thread exactly matches the red writing on the sub and it sure got a killer look to it. The leathers soft and supple, unlike any I have tried before and the leather has a tobacco"ish like perfume that's irresistible:). Special thanks to Attila, he sent me the strap even before he got the payment which got held up with my provider due to need for some more details. He's a great guy and a pleasure to work with. Will let the pictures do the talking:)

as long as you like it. To me the bund makes the already higher profile watch sit higher on your wrist. Some of the newer makers tend to make the strap too wide and tapered down to Rolex 18mm, makes the strap looks funny and hot to wear on a summer day. Your 1680 red looks much better on Rolex bracelet imho.

August 9th, 2011, 6:24 am #5

True is a matter of taste but gives the 1680 variety. I like them chunky and if it was a modern, would lean more on the DSSD side of things, so loving the high profile of the watch with the bund strap. Makes it look a good mix of chic and ultra modern while adding in a good measure of vintage with the watch, so a great fusion of old and new. Off course would require really casual occasions to sport it on, a great combo on a tee, sports jacket and/or jeans. But agree with you that the Rolex bracelet too looks the goods:)

Grab
Grab

August 9th, 2011, 7:10 am #6

Have you tried the nato with red stripes? I'd bet it would look phenomenal with your beautiful red 1680.

The allures of vintage are the thin case designs, the chamfers, the patinated tritium matte - in your case - dial with the glorious red prints, and the warmth of the plastic tophat crystal. The huge strap just overwhelmed the whole thing. As if you're show casing the strap instead of your watch. The best strap should complement the watch and not the other way around imho.

That is not to take away from this beautiful and well made strap in any shape or form.

August 9th, 2011, 1:45 pm #7

Looks great San! Love that red stitching! nt.

August 9th, 2011, 10:04 pm #8

To each his own, indeed...but for me...wayyyy too much strap for any watch even your beautiful red 1680. As others have pointed out, I bet you get more comments about the strap than the watch...hence the point...the awesome watch gets lost in the strap. Some of those side on shots look like handcuffs (the kind used in the crusades to hang people from prison walls) and it must be a bear to wear in the warmer months. There are many other really cool examples of that style of "wide" band that are more scaled back and in line with what you should trying to accomplish...namely, changing up the look of your beautiful watch, highlighting some of the watch's most impressive dial features (eg. red) and making a (softer) statement.
My $0.02.
Mark

August 10th, 2011, 4:08 am #9

Have you tried the nato with red stripes? I'd bet it would look phenomenal with your beautiful red 1680.

The allures of vintage are the thin case designs, the chamfers, the patinated tritium matte - in your case - dial with the glorious red prints, and the warmth of the plastic tophat crystal. The huge strap just overwhelmed the whole thing. As if you're show casing the strap instead of your watch. The best strap should complement the watch and not the other way around imho.

That is not to take away from this beautiful and well made strap in any shape or form.
Yupz, love the NATO's too, tried only a black NATO this far though. Need get some more. Do understand what you're saying but I needed the look smart factor that the strap is offering for an overall different look:)

August 10th, 2011, 4:08 am #10

Looks great San! Love that red stitching! nt.
Thanks Michael!