My first 1013

Vintage Rolex Discussion

My first 1013

November 3rd, 2011, 12:29 am #1

After seeing John Ireland's beautiful 1013's posted here during the past few years, I've finally added one of my own to my growing gold collection. I was lucky to find this nos example, complete with its original stretch bracelet and case back sticker. Thanks for the inspiration John, this watch is gorgeous!

Last edited by Billy182 on November 5th, 2011, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 3rd, 2011, 5:32 am #2

Congrats and enjoy that gold beauty

November 3rd, 2011, 5:33 am #3

After seeing John Ireland's beautiful 1013's posted here during the past few years, I've finally added one of my own to my growing gold collection. I was lucky to find this nos example, complete with its original stretch bracelet and case back sticker. Thanks for the inspiration John, this watch is gorgeous!

is like seeing it the way the original owner would have. I often wonder how many they made and sold in the 1013 size 36mm case when they had so many non-date OPs in the smaller 34mm size. The model was officially introduced as of September 1, 1960.

Yours has the original style dial, which I have seen with two style hands...those in yours and an early style like this...but I don't know if they were both offered at the same time or one after the other.

[/IMG]

There was a later dial with stick markers as in the black one pictured below. Or maybe they were service dials and used only for replacement. The dial on this watch was a replacement for a gold on gold example of your dial.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I have seen one with the 1560 movement...all the others had 1570 or perhaps they were upgraded to it...but none of them are hacking.

Enjoy yours in good health

John Ireland
Last edited by figcar on November 3rd, 2011, 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 3rd, 2011, 9:07 am #4

I also own a 1013 (from 1974) and think it's the purest design which a Rolex gold-model can have

November 3rd, 2011, 9:24 am #5

Absolutly beautiful -- really cool style with the original rivetet Oyster - CONGRATS !!!

Best!
Werner

November 3rd, 2011, 9:58 am #6

is like seeing it the way the original owner would have. I often wonder how many they made and sold in the 1013 size 36mm case when they had so many non-date OPs in the smaller 34mm size. The model was officially introduced as of September 1, 1960.

Yours has the original style dial, which I have seen with two style hands...those in yours and an early style like this...but I don't know if they were both offered at the same time or one after the other.

[/IMG]

There was a later dial with stick markers as in the black one pictured below. Or maybe they were service dials and used only for replacement. The dial on this watch was a replacement for a gold on gold example of your dial.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I have seen one with the 1560 movement...all the others had 1570 or perhaps they were upgraded to it...but none of them are hacking.

Enjoy yours in good health

John Ireland
This watch has the untouched original 1560, which retains its hairspring guard.

November 3rd, 2011, 10:24 am #7

Beautiful watch ! BIG Congrats ! (nt)

November 3rd, 2011, 10:44 am #8

nt

November 3rd, 2011, 1:49 pm #9

nt

November 3rd, 2011, 2:07 pm #10

This is a wonderful example. Very crisp NOS???
Enjoy.