In the start I just looked at the classic Rolex Day Date - with president bracelet and the clean yellow dial with baton indicators.
Let me tell you - that was the start for an hunt that are still ongoing. First I looked after these version of the day date, then I started looking at dials with roman numerals on, then on gold date-just and then again on day date with dark color dial.
The I started looking at different model version 18038 or 18238, and then again should it be watch only or complete set.
- Model : Day Date - Date-Just are nice but I have a little history on the day date - I never thought I would own this watch - so getting it would be proving me wrong </li>
- Version : Model 1803 - I think I can live with the 1803 version - classic - no need for quick-set of the day.</li>
- Dial : Gold dial with baton index - Simple but classic - I think that will be the model - but the dark dial has not left me </li>
- Bracelet : President - what else </li>
- Condition : Nice - not to polished, as original as possible </li>
- Box/Papers: Nice - but not mandatory - not a deal breaker</li>
- Safe Queen: NOT - none of my watches are safe queens - NOT and NEVER</li>
BUT the risk is there that I will start to look at my grail gold watch - the gold rolex sub 16808 -
I will let you know