Milsub

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Milsub

June 22nd, 2012, 11:41 am #1

There are watches that you dream about all the time and in my case the Milsub is one of them. I loved the fact that it was a military watch mainly because both my father and uncle were officers in the army. But also it was a tool watch that was specifically designed for a special purpose and not for civilian use. I feel humbled to have one of these in my possession now. The word "ownership" does not seem right, I intend look after it and of course enjoy it and then when the time comes it is in good shape for the next generation to also enjoy and appreciate.

It is a full spec 5513, matching numbers and with a HH letter.

This journey took me a while to get here, my 1st vintage was a datejust precision from Notting Hill market nearly 20 years - which I still have. But I would not have made it without the help and guidance of Jed. He made the whole process stress free and enjoyable as I learnt a lot from him and also Mike on these very special watches....Thank you so much!!!!

Now for some images

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

June 22nd, 2012, 11:50 am #2

That is what got me interested in watches beyond a Timex or Seiko in the first place, the Milsub.

Good luck keep an eye on that great piece

June 22nd, 2012, 11:55 am #3

There are watches that you dream about all the time and in my case the Milsub is one of them. I loved the fact that it was a military watch mainly because both my father and uncle were officers in the army. But also it was a tool watch that was specifically designed for a special purpose and not for civilian use. I feel humbled to have one of these in my possession now. The word "ownership" does not seem right, I intend look after it and of course enjoy it and then when the time comes it is in good shape for the next generation to also enjoy and appreciate.

This journey took me a while to get here, my 1st vintage was a datejust precision from Notting Hill market nearly 20 years - which I still have. But I would not have made it without the help and guidance of Jed. He made the whole process stress free and enjoyable as I learnt a lot from him and also Mike on these very special watches....Thank you so much!!!!

Now for some images

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Wow! Congrats and wear in the best of health

June 22nd, 2012, 12:27 pm #4

Now for some images

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Well done, my friend. These little buggers do not grow on trees. Enjoy!

Best...MC

June 22nd, 2012, 12:38 pm #5

Now for some images

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
totally wicked, and a nice story to boot!

My dad (god bless him) was in the Brit infantry for 35 years ... I remember he wore a timex and
called the SAS 'saturday & sunday' soldiers

Wish I'd known about Mil Subs back then lol!!

Enjoy it in the best of health mate!
cheers

Jurgen

June 22nd, 2012, 12:52 pm #6

Now for some images

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
big congrats and enjoy this kind of special watch

a fantastic piece

cheers
Marcus

June 22nd, 2012, 12:58 pm #7

Blimey , the old girl has come off your wrist long enough for a scan.

You know how I feel about them, but its been a real highlight of my year to see how much pleasure that watch has brought you !!
Last edited by jedly1 on June 22nd, 2012, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 22nd, 2012, 12:59 pm #8

Now for some images

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Watches with military history are a real find---congrats.

June 22nd, 2012, 1:00 pm #9

Now for some images

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
for your kind words, I failed to mention was the close support and camaraderie of this watch forum.

Cheers!

Ismat

June 22nd, 2012, 1:02 pm #10

Blimey , the old girl has come off your wrist long enough for a scan.

You know how I feel about them, but its been a real highlight of my year to see how much pleasure that watch has brought you !!
Thank you matey for making it happen.

Cheers

Is.