Vintage Rolex Discussion

let's have some fun - post your very first Rolex

dalevito
VRF Member
dalevito
VRF Member

September 6th, 2011, 6:19 pm #1

and share the story if you please

My first was a 1993 Submariner 14060, bought used when I was 17 or 18 years old. I had to sell my Sinn 356, SMP Bond and 2 MeisterSinger 1Z's but WOW, I HAD MY FIRST ROLEX!!! I always worked after school to buy the said watches, but I obviously had no trouble letting them go for the Sub- especially the Bond, never liked it .

It was a perfect package and in very nice condition.. Though when I got home I got a little scared - no Swiss Made??? It took some research but after I got the whole Tritium thing I was once again a happy little fellow

price was about 1800eur if I remember correctly btw.
Last edited by dalevito on September 6th, 2011, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evisu140
VRF Member
evisu140
VRF Member

September 6th, 2011, 6:33 pm #2

Can't part with this one as humble as it may be! I still love it and it gets regular wrist time despite more elabourate/vintage options! Bought new in 2001, P serial full set with the jubilee added later. Let's see some other first Rolex's!

[/IMG]

dalevito
VRF Member
dalevito
VRF Member

September 6th, 2011, 6:43 pm #3

especially on the jubilee. With the newer models getting more common, this one almost looks vintage with the old school brushed shoulders. I like it

Reckel
VRF Member
Reckel
VRF Member

September 6th, 2011, 6:43 pm #4

My first was a 1993 Submariner 14060, bought used when I was 17 or 18 years old. I had to sell my Sinn 356, SMP Bond and 2 MeisterSinger 1Z's but WOW, I HAD MY FIRST ROLEX!!! I always worked after school to buy the said watches, but I obviously had no trouble letting them go for the Sub- especially the Bond, never liked it .

It was a perfect package and in very nice condition.. Though when I got home I got a little scared - no Swiss Made??? It took some research but after I got the whole Tritium thing I was once again a happy little fellow

After gifting my ex-wife a Rolex instead of a rinf for the marriage proposal I had to buy one for myself...

Bye,
Derk

QUENTINPARIS
VRF Member
QUENTINPARIS
VRF Member

September 6th, 2011, 6:45 pm #5

Since this one i had the chance to get better conditions watches but this 1680 really gave me the pure passion! Perfect for start!

problmchylde
VRF Member
problmchylde
VRF Member

September 6th, 2011, 6:57 pm #6

....after some research.....I knew vintage was the way to go. 5513....and I still have it.......

[/IMG]

September 6th, 2011, 7:06 pm #7

After two conversations with Haywood Milton, I was pointed in the direction of Southport.

Went to TOWS and left with.....

[/IMG]

Still a favourite and my 'lucky' watch! Been through a lot wearing this

Ross

September 6th, 2011, 7:22 pm #8

now I am 41 years old and still have it as it is my old time best watch ever.

September 6th, 2011, 7:38 pm #9

Here is mine. As our first kid was just born, my wife told me she'd like to buy me a nice watch, I had a vintage rolex attraction but never concretized into something real. After much research (boy, what did I learn!?), some missed ones and some great encounters with many of the VRF folks and Mod's, this one finally came my way
I still love it and wear it often! [She got a beautiful ring too, I am not a bad guy ]

greekbum
VRF Member
greekbum
VRF Member

September 6th, 2011, 7:45 pm #10

Bought new by me as an early teenager and worn daily
[/IMG]