It was inevitable..

Vintage Rolex Discussion

It was inevitable..

August 3rd, 2011, 1:48 pm #1

It was very unfortunate about the mis-labeling of one of the tubes of tropic 21 crystals..but mistakes do occasionally happen,and luckily
nobody lost their lives or anything..lol
But of course you all know what was next to come.. I am now getting emails from people saying that its possible the tubes are fakes,etc,etc..
Well,the 21 tubes have all been used up or the ones that are left are no longer rolled..but I still have the tropic 22's (these where from the same batch that I bought right here on our own forum from Nicholas ebauf..) and these are still nice and tightly rolled in the tube paper..so I will let you all decide for yourself whether or not you really believe these tubes could be fake..
note the paper has the obvious aged appearance,but it also is very brittle and breaks off when bent..anyone who deals in or owns vintage books will recognize this as a sure sign of aging and quite appropriate for 60's era Rolex tube paper..
we must also remember that these crystal tubes where often not stored in the ideal conditions and are very prone to shrinkage and have been known pop
by people who deal with these old stock acrylics.
I could go on and on about how and why I believe that thgese are not fakes,but I would rather you all make up your own minds..so here are some pics for you to devour..

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Steven T. Mulholland

August 3rd, 2011, 2:01 pm #2

Furman
Furman

August 3rd, 2011, 2:09 pm #3

I know that the world is really good at faking things, but there is absolutely no way IMHO that these could be fakes!

August 3rd, 2011, 5:13 pm #4

nt

August 3rd, 2011, 5:15 pm #5

a lot of things are faked these days and something like this COULD be faked if someone wanted to do it. Don't underestimate the fakers.

Furman
Furman

August 3rd, 2011, 5:35 pm #6

I did not say that these could not be faked, I said that these are not fakes.

August 3rd, 2011, 7:27 pm #7

nt
faking the faded color of the paper? Faking the particular smell of old paper? Faking the fading of the original ink color? Faking the thin crystal papers separating each plexi? Faking the particular circular 'Kraft' pieces of paper securing each end of the rolls? faking the serial codes?
Naive or paranoiac?

August 3rd, 2011, 8:09 pm #8

WHERE EVER that may lead us!
I did not start doing this for the money..thats for sure..I do it for the love of the brand and secondarily for the love of watches.
To me Rolex of days gone by was much more than just a watch company..it was the embodiment of a concept.
the quest to build one of the worlds finest and most exclusive timepieces while also encompasing the ideals of a practical tool,as beautiful as it was tuff as nails..it was a watch for the elite as well as a watch for every man.A watch you can wear for a lifetime and then its ready to serve its next master!
i know I am a bit of a romantic idiot when it comes to this brand,but it honestly gives me the hope that I (and every man)can no only accomplish whatever we set our minds too,but even more than we think we are capable of!
So hopefully nobody will ever be afraid to post what they really think for fear of hurting my feelings..I am honestly in this for enlightenment of our hobby..I am not the type of guy who thinks that whatever I believe to be true has to be what everyone believes..I just want to get as close to the truth as we can..

Steven T. Mulholland

August 3rd, 2011, 8:22 pm #9

and one of mine mine (under) coming from Rolex directly.
As I said 100% genuine. (colors are exactly the same too)

August 3rd, 2011, 11:15 pm #10

It was very unfortunate about the mis-labeling of one of the tubes of tropic 21 crystals..but mistakes do occasionally happen,and luckily
nobody lost their lives or anything..lol
But of course you all know what was next to come.. I am now getting emails from people saying that its possible the tubes are fakes,etc,etc..
Well,the 21 tubes have all been used up or the ones that are left are no longer rolled..but I still have the tropic 22's (these where from the same batch that I bought right here on our own forum from Nicholas ebauf..) and these are still nice and tightly rolled in the tube paper..so I will let you all decide for yourself whether or not you really believe these tubes could be fake..
note the paper has the obvious aged appearance,but it also is very brittle and breaks off when bent..anyone who deals in or owns vintage books will recognize this as a sure sign of aging and quite appropriate for 60's era Rolex tube paper..
we must also remember that these crystal tubes where often not stored in the ideal conditions and are very prone to shrinkage and have been known pop
by people who deal with these old stock acrylics.
I could go on and on about how and why I believe that thgese are not fakes,but I would rather you all make up your own minds..so here are some pics for you to devour..

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Steven T. Mulholland
I know perfectly well these are perfect, %100 original and I will back this up.

I even contacted Philip in the first place and saw my items matched his own plexis.

Of course forgery works in detail, but it's a terrible thing to attempt at original items under paranoid theories. As this will damage several seller's reputations, and will make ORIGINAL ITEMS be under question, which is of course a ridiculous thing. That leaves collector's not using original plexis on their watches due to theories about forgery which do not fit these rolls!

We do not want one single person using plexis without being sure they are original Rolex.

Every single plexi which came from those Rolls is garanteed to be Rolex. Anyone can feel free to take it to Rolex branches all over the world for verification.

I also think issuing refunds on these original items would be correct on one side (if buyer is unhappy and fearful) but on the other hands would be admitting there might be something wrong with the items, and that is just not true at all.