It is really horrible that the pics are removed

Vintage Rolex Discussion

It is really horrible that the pics are removed

February 3rd, 2012, 8:17 pm #1

when there is a sale concluded

Not even a day old post and the pictures are gone

Not nice, we all want to see the scans of watches and parts offered, I know you can not keep the pictures sometimes but at least a week will be nice IMHO

ag

WorldOysterWatcher
VRF Member

February 3rd, 2012, 8:26 pm #2

it has nothing to do with VRF. If someone deletes their photobucket, the pictures are gone. And a lot of sellers do that to prevent (at least to some measure) stolen scans which con artists like to then pass off as their own.

February 3rd, 2012, 8:33 pm #3

pictures for a longer time
I been a member for years and still I have the pictures of most of the items I had sold and does not cost me anything at all
Scams ??? they are every where and there is no way to prevent it IMHO

ag

scottb2
scottb2

February 3rd, 2012, 11:02 pm #4

i agree with AG - pics are a good reference buyers and sellers - just my 2 cents

seve1939
VRF Member
seve1939
VRF Member

February 4th, 2012, 12:14 am #5

it has nothing to do with VRF. If someone deletes their photobucket, the pictures are gone. And a lot of sellers do that to prevent (at least to some measure) stolen scans which con artists like to then pass off as their own.
A lot of sellers delete their scans because the item didn't sell and then they will post at a latter time with a different pitch. If you are buying the seller you don't have to worry about con artists.