Insiders view: This is what Alfredo Paramico has bought recently as Watch Fund Manager...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Insiders view: This is what Alfredo Paramico has bought recently as Watch Fund Manager...

April 12th, 2012, 9:32 am #1

I got the end of March Performance email where we can read about Mr. Paramico's market view and experiences. For your interest, here are some quote's about recent quarter market comment, strategy of second quarter, a portfolio analyse and display of new purchases. This give you a quick understanding from what's going on. I read Alfredo also thinks Geneva will be wild on PPC's, I think for top & rarest quailty, there's no estimate. More are interested to buy but less is coming to the market, next logic is rocket prizing. Besides the top examples, we see many collectors act on top condition and 100 % originality has become the keyword to buy any Rolex or Patek Philippe reference and the 'game' for some out there to hunt them down by selling their sport collection and getting themselves lost with colorful DayDates, or early old gold Oyster Chronographs. These trends will set a new prices level for those that are until now still under valued. So it's not only about the best in $$, passion of collecting vintage watches has become finding the best possible condition. You can do this for 5-10K or when you like and are able to, for 5-10 Million a year. The game will be the same, first condition, then originality, then rarity, provenance and likeability, add fashion and personal tatste. Follow these guidelines and you've lots of fun & a very profitable collection at the end!

Market Comment of last quarter..

Strategy: "We are riding the wave of Rolex Sport Watches..."

Slowly the market understands how rare good examples in honest conditions are! Within a year top quality of the most sought after grail Rolex will rize at lleast 25 %.

My handfull of pure Rolex History is getting more valuable while reading this, haha!

Rgrds.Philipp

April 12th, 2012, 10:06 am #2

you have such beautiful collections...

2wsxcde3
VRF Member
2wsxcde3
VRF Member

April 12th, 2012, 10:19 am #3

I got the end of March Performance email where we can read about Mr. Paramico's market view and experiences. For your interest, here are some quote's about recent quarter market comment, strategy of second quarter, a portfolio analyse and display of new purchases. This give you a quick understanding from what's going on. I read Alfredo also thinks Geneva will be wild on PPC's, I think for top & rarest quailty, there's no estimate. More are interested to buy but less is coming to the market, next logic is rocket prizing. Besides the top examples, we see many collectors act on top condition and 100 % originality has become the keyword to buy any Rolex or Patek Philippe reference and the 'game' for some out there to hunt them down by selling their sport collection and getting themselves lost with colorful DayDates, or early old gold Oyster Chronographs. These trends will set a new prices level for those that are until now still under valued. So it's not only about the best in $$, passion of collecting vintage watches has become finding the best possible condition. You can do this for 5-10K or when you like and are able to, for 5-10 Million a year. The game will be the same, first condition, then originality, then rarity, provenance and likeability, add fashion and personal tatste. Follow these guidelines and you've lots of fun & a very profitable collection at the end!

Slowly the market understands how rare good examples in honest conditions are! Within a year top quality of the most sought after grail Rolex will rize at lleast 25 %.

My handfull of pure Rolex History is getting more valuable while reading this, haha!

Rgrds.Philipp
can you keep this insider stuff to yourself please?

You're making my task impossible if everyone else starts chasing the same worthless old crap as I hunt for

Cheers

Steve

April 12th, 2012, 10:45 am #4

Allthough many are out there looking for unusual gold Rolex, you where probably the first to go deep in gold, maybe because with your european look towards collecting being stationed in Asia did make you decide to go for those gold ones, nobody yet carred about, the Day Dates. From there on your enthousiastic post have caused some problems with collectors, the need to have one also.

You, D and Eric are definitly the DD-Kings

April 12th, 2012, 11:01 am #5

Rgrds.Philipp
And to a certain degree I agree with him. I find it curious that they are not going heavier into PP. Perhaps they can't find the necessary high quality.

M

http://www.tudorcollector.com

seve1939
VRF Member
seve1939
VRF Member

April 12th, 2012, 12:58 pm #6

Rgrds.Philipp
many pitfalls when dealing with mechanical objects. A for instance is the economy and then what happens when parts run out. Investors are just that. They really never enjoy the things they buy because they are afraid of damage.

April 12th, 2012, 1:38 pm #7

And to a certain degree I agree with him. I find it curious that they are not going heavier into PP. Perhaps they can't find the necessary high quality.

M

http://www.tudorcollector.com
According to the original factsheet the investment strategy is to allocate

50 % to PP,
30 % to Rolex, Breguet, AP, VC, Cartier,
10 % to "exceptional contemporary watches" and
10 % in cash

I don't know how that strategy has played out but bear in mind that even though the fund might invest in much less PP's (pieces) than for instance Rolex the value of the PP-stock may still be along the intended strategy. After all you could get 10 exceptional Rolex for the price of 1 exceptional PP.

April 12th, 2012, 2:18 pm #8

the gap is closing fast...Rolex steel or pink gold 6062 in black star dial will hit easily 1 million, that's not 10 times less then PPC!

rg.Philipp

April 12th, 2012, 2:18 pm #9

many pitfalls when dealing with mechanical objects. A for instance is the economy and then what happens when parts run out. Investors are just that. They really never enjoy the things they buy because they are afraid of damage.

Detlev333
VRF Member
Detlev333
VRF Member

April 12th, 2012, 2:24 pm #10

Rgrds.Philipp
Rolex sports models riding the wave
Using Parma as an indicator for the market makes me giggle.

Ciao, D