How would you describe this band?

Vintage Rolex Discussion

How would you describe this band?

June 30th, 2012, 9:17 am #1

Dear VRF'ers

I got this 93150 last week from eBay UK and it was described as..."There is some wear and stretch as would be expected as shown in the photo, but I am told that it is not excessive"

The pics didn't show half as much stretch as you can see from my pics below but maybe I should have asked for further pics before I purchased.

My questions to any knowledgeable members who could advise are as follows:

-- does this band have "some wear and stretch" or is it super over stretched?
-- I am by nature not one to go to dispute, so my alternative would be to tighten the band. Is this possible, and if so, any idea on cost? I am in the South of England

Many thanks VRF'ers!

Mark

June 30th, 2012, 9:22 am #2

It's worn out, just look the end link of the bracelet. It's not
worth to repair, it's better to get a similar in good condition.

It's not a rare bracelet, so send it back if you can.

----------------------------------------------------------------

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

June 30th, 2012, 12:09 pm #3

Dear VRF'ers

I got this 93150 last week from eBay UK and it was described as..."There is some wear and stretch as would be expected as shown in the photo, but I am told that it is not excessive"

The pics didn't show half as much stretch as you can see from my pics below but maybe I should have asked for further pics before I purchased.

-- I am by nature not one to go to dispute, so my alternative would be to tighten the band. Is this possible, and if so, any idea on cost? I am in the South of England

Many thanks VRF'ers!

Mark

What was the price? If very cheap, is not broken, I wouldn't worry

June 30th, 2012, 2:01 pm #4

I paid the equivalent of 600 US dollars

June 30th, 2012, 2:16 pm #5

Well way too much for a bracelet in that condition--use whatever recourse available

June 30th, 2012, 6:18 pm #6

Definitely return it and use whatever options you have.

June 30th, 2012, 9:11 pm #7

Dear VRF'ers

Many thanks VRF'ers!

Mark

Hi , for a 93150', a relatively recent piece, I'd say it's worn out, probably worn loose on the wrist, my personal opinion is , if it were a9315, I would wear it in this condition.

Thanks

Ara

July 2nd, 2012, 8:31 am #8

Dear VRF'ers

Many thanks VRF'ers!

Mark

best

Mark

July 3rd, 2012, 10:31 pm #9

Dear VRF'ers

Many thanks VRF'ers!

Mark

I think the seller has misrepresented that. A refund is reasonable.