How many is enough?

Vintage Rolex Discussion

How many is enough?

Shairan
Shairan

January 24th, 2012, 8:15 am #1

A sanity check on myself here. After 2 months of reading many fine posts on VRF, I finally found the courage, dough, right seller and right watch. I am really happy with the GMT, which is of course nowhere near the more exotic choices. It has been on my wrist since the day it arrived on 1st Jan. Now here is the problem; why do I keep looking at the others (everyday!) in the For Sale section and hoping to be able to afford those that I can't anyway?

How many is enough... I am curious to know and for respected members of VRF who have 15 seconds to spare, please click this link to answer just 2 questions.

Click here to take survey

I'll post the outcome on this thread on 31st Jan 2012.

January 24th, 2012, 8:31 am #2

nt

January 24th, 2012, 9:11 am #3

A sanity check on myself here. After 2 months of reading many fine posts on VRF, I finally found the courage, dough, right seller and right watch. I am really happy with the GMT, which is of course nowhere near the more exotic choices. It has been on my wrist since the day it arrived on 1st Jan. Now here is the problem; why do I keep looking at the others (everyday!) in the For Sale section and hoping to be able to afford those that I can't anyway?

How many is enough... I am curious to know and for respected members of VRF who have 15 seconds to spare, please click this link to answer just 2 questions.

Is "OK" the least happy You've ever been?

January 24th, 2012, 10:03 am #4

and "more than 10"..!

MW

davemcdus
VRF Member
davemcdus
VRF Member

January 24th, 2012, 12:14 pm #5

I bought my first vintage Rolex last July, and another one more recently. I still browse the Market on a daily basis looking for one of the many watches I have on my wish list, but I've sworn myself to a one a year rule, which is made easier by the fact that I don't have the kind of dough lying around that it would take to get even 20% of what's on the list! I also have a hard time with the idea that I'd have too many watches to wear, but that's just a personal thing. But it's still fun to look and I learn more about the watches I'm interested in that way. Congrats on your GMT! Pics?

January 24th, 2012, 1:06 pm #6

thanks to your survey I only ticked the 1-2 box and feel that I need more ASAP
I liken it to food, just because I have had a 1-2 Jaffa cakes it doesnt mean I am content, happy yes-content not so much.

I want the whole box!

Regards

Carl

seve1939
VRF Member
seve1939
VRF Member

January 24th, 2012, 2:14 pm #7

As many as you can buy---It's a Sickness

January 24th, 2012, 4:23 pm #8

Never leave a watch in the drawer or bank safe longer than 6 months....
If you do, then you know it's time to sell it or trade it for something you will wear!

seve1939
VRF Member
seve1939
VRF Member

January 24th, 2012, 5:29 pm #9

I agree 100% except my wife forbids me to sell, only buy
Last edited by seve1939 on January 24th, 2012, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shairan
VRF Member
shairan
VRF Member

January 25th, 2012, 10:31 am #10

...because I can't afford to pay for the Pro version of the survey tool, it is only limited to 100 responses. I rather save the $30 upgrade fee to my 2nd vintage savings kitty.

Here is the interim outcome.

It appears that Mike is not alone!