Hello all. I posted this Malachite dial on the sale side and removed...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Hello all. I posted this Malachite dial on the sale side and removed...

April 19th, 2017, 2:25 pm #1

am afraid it may not be correct not necessarily due to the holes on back but was concerned about some of the script and dial producer. The dial itself looks very nice even with the slight cracks. Please let me know if you might have a say to help in the future on stone dials. Be nice please

Thank you
Don Duffee

Last edited by dgdjr on April 20th, 2017, 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 19th, 2017, 4:30 pm #2

April 20th, 2017, 3:53 am #3

am afraid it may not be correct not necessarily due to the holes on back but was concerned about some of the script and dial producer. The dial itself looks very nice even with the slight cracks. Please let me know if you might have a say to help in the future on stone dials. Be nice please

Thank you
Don Duffee

Thank you Michael. Photo corrected.

April 20th, 2017, 7:38 pm #4

... on the back indicate that the dial should have hour markers? I.e. not originally a malachite dial.

Another thing that bothers me is that the "natural lines" in the malachite are vertical on this dial. Only seen horizontal before.

April 21st, 2017, 2:21 am #5

Thank you Charles. I appreciate your response. The holes to not bother me. There has been previous discussion
in reference to this. As to the lines - you may be correct. I will dial compare a bit more.

Again - thank you.
Don