FSOT - unpolished 5512 4 line underline gilt gloss, tiffany 1680, R series 16528

Buy, Sell and Trade Vintage Rolex Watches and Accessories

FSOT - unpolished 5512 4 line underline gilt gloss, tiffany 1680, R series 16528

May 24th, 2012, 3:27 pm #1

4 line gilt underline 1962 serial

case: Authentic 5512 pointed crowns guard submariner - this case looks to be unmolested with lugs maintaing original thickness - obvioulsy there is some wear on a 50 year old watch. Reference number and serial is easily visible on either side of the case

dial: these dials typically look to be matt but this dial is an excellent 4 line dual color gilt swiss underline dial - there is still plenty of gloss on the gilt per the age of this dial and there are subtle swirl marks that can be seen from the correct angle - i have aactually used a macro lens and a bright light so you can see these marks on the pictures - i have only seen one other dial that has better gloss than this one and i imagine that it would be much more expensive - the script and plots on this dial are really quite excellent showing very little wear - the hands are original gilt hands and as you will see the minute hand is more aged than the rest and i dont have a good explanation on that - it is what it is - dial also glows quite remarkably for its age - i have included a scan of this - i would say overall and incredible dial - Dial has not been relumed or touched up in anyway

overall i would say that this watch is not only rare but excellent condition and wears very well on the wrist

head only @ $19,500.00 + shipping OBRO

no returns - the watch is as pictured and i will be happy to send more scans upon request - worldwide references available

thanks for looking

tiffany rolex for sale - will trade with 1665, manual daytonas incl 16520's, 5513 or 5512 pcg - thanks

ROLEX 1680 5 MILLION SERIES. REFERENCE NUMBERS AND SERIAL NUMBERS PERFECTLY VISIBLE BETWEEN THE LUGS - CASE IS VERY NICE AND FAT , , THIS TIFFANY DIAL IS GUARANTEED TO BE ORIGINAL TO THE WATCH AND AUTHENIC - THIS WATCH WAS PURCHASED BY ME SOME YEARS AGO AT WANNABUYAWATCH AND I HAVE THE RECEIPT WHICH WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO THE BUYER - ON THE RECEIPT TIFFAN DIAL IS NOTATED AS WELL AS THE SERIAL AND REFERENCE NUMBERS

FROM WHAT I CAN SEE AT THIS TIME, THE WATCH DOES NOT NEED SERVICE - I DID PAY A PAY A PREMIUM FOR THIS WATCH AS I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT WBAW IS A KNOWLEDGABLE AND PROPER SELLER OF VINTAGE WATCHES AND I WAS CONFIDENT EVERYTHING WAS IN ORDER AND GOOD VALUE - i will show you the receipt of $13,000.00 WHICH WAS PAID FOR THIS WATCH and the watch will be delivered with it as well - I HAD THE ORIGINAL TIFFANY BOX BUT I AM UNABLE TO LOCATE IT -
I AM SELLING THE WATCH FOR $8800.00 (head only) + shipping - this price is firm (on hold)

- return within 3 days if not as in pictures

FS Rolex Daytona R16528

Case: the case on this watch is in excellent condition with nice sharp edges - reference number and serial very easily seen between the lugs - I am not sure if the watch was polished - i dont believe it has been but you can make your own determinations on that - i purchased it from Andrew Shear about 5 years ago and he said it was from the original owner. you will be able to tell by the pictures that there are no blemishes here - also you will see that it does have the original MK1 correct Bezel with no marks on it at all - MK1 bezels are very hard to come by and i have seen several 18k daytonas that have a newer version bezel on them which suggests that the original one was lost or damaged in some way - not with this one - the watch is superb

Dial: Excellent MK1 Floating cosmograph dial with no blemishes - i cant even find anything with a loupe on this dial that would cause me concern - nada

Bracelet: Excellent original first series non flip bracelet with 13 links - i added one because i have a rather large wrist

i am not sure of the service history of the watch but it is running fine and basically been in my safe the whole time i have owned it minus the 1/2 dozen times i have worn it - only selling to make way for a grail watch that i have had my eye on for a while

price is $21,000.00 USD + shipping and no returns -

please note - this is a more and more rare version that is all correct an intact - - not an easy find.

ask any questions you like and thanks for looking and thanks to VFR for the continuous space here