Fake Rolex Chronnograph Valjoux 72c from Nokwatch in Turkey...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Fake Rolex Chronnograph Valjoux 72c from Nokwatch in Turkey...

October 26th, 2011, 3:20 pm #1

Hi,

I tried to post this message this morning but I think it didn't work:

I bought this Rolex from a turkish professional seller on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/VINTAGE-ROLEX-TRIPLE ... 19c96ba1ec

I now think it is a fake a I found out in his past reviews that he recnetly sold another one like this to a german customer who had it expertised and who found out it was a fake.

Some research (nokwatch fake on Google) showed me that he also very often sales fake Breitlings so I really think that mine is fake too.

I suspect he has the capacity of forging the rolex case marks on case and bridge and of course has dials redone and aged with a naturally looking patina.

Please look carefully at the pictures and tell me what you think IF you know what you are talking about.

Please expalin to me what proves it is a fake or authentic.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Last edited by fantastictime on October 26th, 2011, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caetano_panerist
VRF Member

October 26th, 2011, 3:31 pm #2

And with all those negative feedbacks?
Make a paypal claim and good luck...

October 26th, 2011, 3:38 pm #3

Hi,

I now think it is a fake a I found out in his past reviews that he recnetly sold another one like this to a german customer who had it expertised and who found out it was a fake.

Some research (nokwatch fake on Google) showed me that he also very often sales fake Breitlings so I really think that mine is fake too.

I suspect he has the capacity of forging the rolex case marks on case and bridge and of course has dials redone and aged with a naturally looking patina.

Please look carefully at the pictures and tell me what you think IF you know what you are talking about.

Thanks but your answer doesn't help me much.
What is it fake in your opinion, except the price ?
Last edited by fantastictime on October 26th, 2011, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dalevito
VRF Member
dalevito
VRF Member

October 26th, 2011, 3:48 pm #4

October 26th, 2011, 4:23 pm #5

Hi,

Dato Compax with square pushers were ALWAYS produced with "drop" lugs. Only
the Oyster Dato Compax had this type of lugs (from there you already
know your watch is a fake).
Then, markings on the main bridge are wrong, dial is wrong, caseback markings are wrong,
swiss made / fab suisse are missing (your movement is a Valjoux but not a Rolex
based valjoux) pushers & guards on the left are completely wrong etc..
Sorry, better contact Paypal.
Last edited by fantastictime on October 26th, 2011, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark020
Mark020

October 26th, 2011, 4:32 pm #6

Hi,

11 negative feedback within 12 months and you think you can buy a real gold chrono for 3500$. Not much to discuss here. If it sounds too good to be true is most likely is. Especially on ebay.
Last edited by fantastictime on October 26th, 2011, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

munchiew
VRF Member
munchiew
VRF Member

October 26th, 2011, 4:37 pm #7

Hi,

Valjoux supplied the raw movements to all who would buy. That was what they do (did). Non Rolex 72C based watches can be bought for a couple of thousand, or less. Dials are repainted , some movement parts are changed where the Rolex signature are required, and voila! This is a very old scam. Same with cal 72 which are used to fake manual Daytonas.

Sorry, no free lunches nowadays.

October 26th, 2011, 4:53 pm #8

a franken Doxa Dato Compax.

Here is how a square pusher Dato Compax made by Rolex should look.

October 26th, 2011, 4:55 pm #9

Hi,

from a seller with 12 negative feedbacks within 12 months? And then you think there are some fake parts in this watch. I'm no expert but my gut feeling says that nothing on this watch is Rolex. Your entiteled to your own opinions and I agree on the fact that 'Good deals sometimes exist...' thinking this might be a good deal is naive. A real no issues watch like this would cost you 10 times more.

October 26th, 2011, 7:44 pm #10

Hi,

'Good deals sometimes exist...' Not on the Bay too many eyes on the lookout for Vintage Rolex!