Down to just two! What next?

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Down to just two! What next?

May 4th, 2012, 1:35 am #1

Sold today -

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I was sort of surprised when it sold because it wasn't the watch I was really trying to sell but the watch I decided to try to sell when the watch I was trying to sell didn't sell. (Amen to Gertrude Stein.) But I was determined to sell something and suddenly an email arrived and it was done. Goodbye my pg 1013...I loved you but rarely wore you because I really like my yellow gold 1013 more. And when I found the bracelet for the 5505 suddenly I was enjoying that watch more than I was enjoying you and so I stopped selling it and sold you. All of which means that soon the hunger will begin to rumble in my belly and my hand will begin to move the cursor toward eBay and the maddness will begin all over again.

Or can I be happy with just these two?

On my wrist right now...

[/IMG]

and sitting nearby

John Ireland

May 4th, 2012, 1:54 am #2

...is one good watch, and a good spare.

The name on the spare's parking spot may get painted over and re-lettered now and then, but that's horology.

May 4th, 2012, 7:15 am #3

Sold today -

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I was sort of surprised when it sold because it wasn't the watch I was really trying to sell but the watch I decided to try to sell when the watch I was trying to sell didn't sell. (Amen to Gertrude Stein.) But I was determined to sell something and suddenly an email arrived and it was done. Goodbye my pg 1013...I loved you but rarely wore you because I really like my yellow gold 1013 more. And when I found the bracelet for the 5505 suddenly I was enjoying that watch more than I was enjoying you and so I stopped selling it and sold you. All of which means that soon the hunger will begin to rumble in my belly and my hand will begin to move the cursor toward eBay and the maddness will begin all over again.

On my wrist right now...

[/IMG]

and sitting nearby

John Ireland
is something I'm really beginning to appreciate and enjoy.

Previously all my watches had a date feature, whiich I relied on almost daily. Now I'm enjoying putting my feet up, the date feature has slipped off the requirements list, maybe its a time of life thing.

regards

John

May 4th, 2012, 1:17 pm #4

Sold today -

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

On my wrist right now...

[/IMG]

and sitting nearby

John Ireland
Buy another watch!

May 4th, 2012, 10:26 pm #5

Sold today -

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

On my wrist right now...

[/IMG]

and sitting nearby

John Ireland
steel Everest on the bracelet at night when I sleep and also when I exercise or do things that require the watch getting wet. The yg 1013 I wear days and evenings, and take it off around water to keep the leather strap dry.

I also sold my Leica M6 and replaced it with a Leica X1...and I sold my 2004 Golf TDi and replaced it with a 2007 Rabbit (Golf in non-USA markets) 2.5 liter.

Looking forward to summer.

John Ireland