Does this Daytona 165200 have any life left

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Does this Daytona 165200 have any life left

March 7th, 2018, 4:40 am #1

Hello All,

In my almost futile attempt to own a Zenith based Daytona 16520 I found one that is within my budget (still not cheap) but Under $17K and that I can pay over time. Question is whether its worth doing or I should just move on based on its condition. I have been told that LA Watch Works is the vbest place to have case restored, but any thoughts from the members here would be appreciated. I've posted a ton of photos of the watch on Imgur at the link below. Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://imgur.com/a/WOxFp
<a href="//imgur.com/WOxFp" rel="nofollow"></a>

March 7th, 2018, 5:32 am #2

i would wear it as is , it has normal wear scratches.

case restoration or polishing remove material from the watch, making it look like its on diet

Just my opinion

Best

Ara M

March 7th, 2018, 7:35 am #3

Hello All,

In my almost futile attempt to own a Zenith based Daytona 16520 I found one that is within my budget (still not cheap) but Under $17K and that I can pay over time. Question is whether its worth doing or I should just move on based on its condition. I have been told that LA Watch Works is the vbest place to have case restored, but any thoughts from the members here would be appreciated. I've posted a ton of photos of the watch on Imgur at the link below. Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://imgur.com/a/WOxFp
<a href="//imgur.com/WOxFp" rel="nofollow"></a>
I would not call it a great example at all. Been rode very hard the past 20 plus years.

March 7th, 2018, 8:09 am #4

+1 nt regards John

March 8th, 2018, 4:57 pm #5

I would not call it a great example at all. Been rode very hard the past 20 plus years.
ha ha

Sorry, not trying to be funny.

Forget that watch.
-Perpetual Knowledge-