Deleting WTB ads...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Deleting WTB ads...

November 9th, 2011, 4:11 pm #1

The new WTB rule has been wildly successful. To my knowledge we haven't had a theft attempt since we started doing it and identity thefts have dropped to zero at our forum.

This means real people are being saved real money plus the aggravation of dealing with the thieves. It seemed like every third post used to be about thefts, attempted thefts and identity thefts.

Some of you have taken it to heart and are removing your contact information as required, most are not. It takes a mod 5 clicks to clean your WTB because you are either too lazy to read the rules or you forgot.

Starting today, any WTB that contains contact info will be deleted. No warnings except this one. If your WTB doesn't show up it's because you forgot to remove your info.

This may seem harsh but you are all adults and we are starting to feel like babysitters.

Help us out! Remove your info!

November 9th, 2011, 4:21 pm #2

Your efforts to make this place safer and your diligence to always improve do not go unnoticed!
Thank you!

November 9th, 2011, 5:39 pm #3

+1

November 9th, 2011, 9:02 pm #4

The new WTB rule has been wildly successful. To my knowledge we haven't had a theft attempt since we started doing it and identity thefts have dropped to zero at our forum.

This means real people are being saved real money plus the aggravation of dealing with the thieves. It seemed like every third post used to be about thefts, attempted thefts and identity thefts.

Some of you have taken it to heart and are removing your contact information as required, most are not. It takes a mod 5 clicks to clean your WTB because you are either too lazy to read the rules or you forgot.

Starting today, any WTB that contains contact info will be deleted. No warnings except this one. If your WTB doesn't show up it's because you forgot to remove your info.

This may seem harsh but you are all adults and we are starting to feel like babysitters.

Good!

November 9th, 2011, 11:10 pm #5

Excellent initiative! nt

November 10th, 2011, 2:34 am #6

+++1 I am with you guys, I appreciate this initiative (nt)

November 10th, 2011, 8:49 am #7

Good move Boss. Fully agree !!!