datejust ref.1600

Vintage Rolex Discussion

datejust ref.1600

neil Naidu
neil Naidu

October 14th, 2011, 5:41 pm #1

hi

this is my first time on this forum.

'am in the process of buying my first rolex. I want to my a date just ref. 1600. I like to keep it original but I can't get an answer to what kind of bracelet it was born with... maybe i variates.

hope you can help me

Neil

October 14th, 2011, 6:51 pm #2

...because of the smooth bezel. But it would not be incorrect is it had a jubilee.

October 14th, 2011, 6:59 pm #3

hi

this is my first time on this forum.

'am in the process of buying my first rolex. I want to my a date just ref. 1600. I like to keep it original but I can't get an answer to what kind of bracelet it was born with... maybe i variates.

hope you can help me

Neil
... Oyster would be standard but in the shop you could also decide to have a different strap mounted instead and pay the difference.

From comfort I would recomend a jubilee, which to be time correct would have to be a folded one. But also a solid modern will be ok for wearing.
If you look for a time correct oster it depends on your serial/year built if you have to look for a rivited or folded. But also here, for normal wearing modern solid is fine.

Depending on the dial variant a nice leather/croc/lizzard strap could also be a matching option, as this also was a price list option and some have never been on metal straps...

Bye,
Derk

neil
neil

October 14th, 2011, 8:17 pm #4

...because of the smooth bezel. But it would not be incorrect is it had a jubilee.

thank you so much

the only way to what kind of bracelet it was born with is to have the original papers right ?

again thank you so much for you time.

buying a rolex is not easy

Neil

neil naidu
neil naidu

October 14th, 2011, 8:23 pm #5

... Oyster would be standard but in the shop you could also decide to have a different strap mounted instead and pay the difference.

From comfort I would recomend a jubilee, which to be time correct would have to be a folded one. But also a solid modern will be ok for wearing.
If you look for a time correct oster it depends on your serial/year built if you have to look for a rivited or folded. But also here, for normal wearing modern solid is fine.

Depending on the dial variant a nice leather/croc/lizzard strap could also be a matching option, as this also was a price list option and some have never been on metal straps...

Bye,
Derk
thank you so much great info.

the watch I'am looking at is from 1964. do you know if rolex made the thick oyster bracelet at that time

the only way to know what kind of bracelet it was born with is to have the original papers right ?

buying a rolex is not easy there are so many ref. and serial no. to look for

sorry if I don't know the right terms.

Neil

October 15th, 2011, 5:48 am #6

Papers will not tell anything about the bracelet. No thick oysters in 64 only rivets.

October 15th, 2011, 7:31 am #7

thank you so much great info.

the watch I'am looking at is from 1964. do you know if rolex made the thick oyster bracelet at that time

the only way to know what kind of bracelet it was born with is to have the original papers right ?

buying a rolex is not easy there are so many ref. and serial no. to look for

sorry if I don't know the right terms.

Neil
would buy what you like most.

As already stated 64 would be correct with rivited oyster where the prices for the 20mm version you need are inapropriate high to fit them to a DJ as you might double the value of the watch
A folded jubilee will be fine and a bit more economic...

Bye,
Derk