Datejust on president bracelet...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Datejust on president bracelet...

June 6th, 2011, 7:11 pm #1

Is there any time this combination was done from Rolex? I heard a story of President Eisenhower's Datejust possibly being fitted with a "president" bracelet (from service?) Is this ever done and what is the consensus opinion of whether this is "acceptable". Also, any pictures of this combination would be appreciated. Thanks.

June 6th, 2011, 7:25 pm #2

The watch that we CALL "President" is the Day Date.

The President bracelet can be fitted to any gold watch in the line correctly.

June 6th, 2011, 7:25 pm #3

Is there any time this combination was done from Rolex? I heard a story of President Eisenhower's Datejust possibly being fitted with a "president" bracelet (from service?) Is this ever done and what is the consensus opinion of whether this is "acceptable". Also, any pictures of this combination would be appreciated. Thanks.
I'm sure this was done many times at customers request. FYI the presidents are also commonly found on mid-size and ladies Datejust. I'd however prefer a nice gold jubilee on a 18ct DJ anytime.. Jubilee+DJ is the way to go. Otherwise, why not buy a Day-Date? There's no real difference in price for (yellow) gold DJ's vs DD's.

June 6th, 2011, 8:00 pm #4

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm not sure I like the Day window on a Day Date but I really love the president bracelet. I was looking for some "purist" perspectives on this possible combination.

June 6th, 2011, 8:04 pm #5

As I said the bracelet is the President and always has been. The watch has technically NEVER been the President....the bracelet can be ordered on ANY gold watch to my knowledge.

I have seen GMT's with President bracelets from the factory. I have seen 3/4 d datejusts...from the factory.

I have see ladies with no date with the bracelet.

It is just a variant on bracelets and the President name does not technically go with the Day Date model. However the bracelet is most commonly found on that watch...so it has become synonymous with it.

June 6th, 2011, 8:05 pm #6

The watch that we CALL "President" is the Day Date.

The President bracelet can be fitted to any gold watch in the line correctly.
Understood. Thanks for the quick response. I guess my question is more specifically; will Rolex fit the president to a Datejust as an option? At additional cost of course, or "trade in" for a jubilee. I know with a Stainless Datejust, I have seen them "optioned" with an oyster bracelet, but I have never seen a Datejust (gold) with president.

June 6th, 2011, 8:05 pm #7

It would be considered an upgrade probably IMO.
Last edited by RolexWatchTime on June 6th, 2011, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.