Database of loose Rolex Certificates...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Database of loose Rolex Certificates...

November 14th, 2011, 1:35 pm #1

would it be possible / feasible / practical to set up a database of loose Rolex guarantee certificates in the VRF?

I have (as probably most everyone here has!) a little stack of Rolex guarantee certificates which have been separated from their watches over the years, and it would be fantastic to reunite them if at all possible.

The German forum, r-l-x.de, has a similar database, where one or two numbers are obscured from the serial number, but contact details are available for forum members to contact each other.

Would it be easy to set up, or would VRF actually want it?

MW
Last edited by mikewood on November 14th, 2011, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 14th, 2011, 1:56 pm #2

Great idea Mike nt

November 14th, 2011, 2:03 pm #3

would it be possible / feasible / practical to set up a database of loose Rolex guarantee certificates in the VRF?

I have (as probably most everyone here has!) a little stack of Rolex guarantee certificates which have been separated from their watches over the years, and it would be fantastic to reunite them if at all possible.

The German forum, r-l-x.de, has a similar database, where one or two numbers are obscured from the serial number, but contact details are available for forum members to contact each other.

MW
Lost & Found Papers - It's a cool idea :O). I am for it. (nt)

November 14th, 2011, 2:13 pm #4

MW
I believe that it would be a great resource.

Thank you Mike.

gb

November 14th, 2011, 2:25 pm #5

MW
Great idea! nt.

November 14th, 2011, 3:05 pm #6

Have you guys seen this site?

http://www.watchpapers.com/

November 14th, 2011, 3:15 pm #7

MW
I think the Database is now canceled in the RLX Forum Germany.
This Idea born long time from me.

best Regards

Pascal
911 Greetings, Pasci

November 14th, 2011, 6:36 pm #8

MW
We have to do this !!!!!! what a fantastic idea Mike (nt)

November 14th, 2011, 7:18 pm #9

MW
Thats the first question I'd ask or it may be a lot of work for no results?

We have to remember they made 100s of thousands of watches so chances are pretty slim.

That said its not exactly hard to put in place....

November 14th, 2011, 9:18 pm #10

but on that one occassion when somebody comes up trumps, well worth the effort.

I think (respect to r-l-x.de, although I can't log in after the revamp ) the VRF would be more international and more easily accessible...

MW