Carmel GTG Pictures...........

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Carmel GTG Pictures...........

Sub-Dweller
VRF Member

August 22nd, 2012, 3:21 am #1

I'd like to first of thank those who put together this wonderful GTG in Carmel, CA at Fourtane Estate Jewelers (Eric Ku, Joshua Bonifas, The Bonifas family, Fourtane and every one else who organized it and attended). I truly had one of the best times of my life and realized collecting watches isn't just about the watches, it's more so or equally about the people you meet! I really enjoyed meeting various forum members such as Michael Griggs, Bruce Ellison (BD-Chrono), amongst others including Jean Paul (the strap maker) & Jake Erlich and expert and author of many Rolex books, John Goldberger!

Thanks again everybody!

Anyways, here's a link to the pictures (Courtesy of Sheldon Smith):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oczv9qu80p79h0d/e4yYlJyQcO?m

Last edited by Sub-Dweller on August 22nd, 2012, 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 22nd, 2012, 3:25 am #2

I was the guy with the 5513 on the same Jed strap as your 1675

Sub-Dweller
VRF Member

August 22nd, 2012, 3:27 am #3

Yes, very nice to meet you!! Hope to see you next time!! nt.

August 22nd, 2012, 3:59 am #4

Yes, this was a fun event. Thank you Fourtane. It was good to see others who have the same watch interests as us and the food and camaraderie made the event a memorable one.

[Michael, thanks for posting the link to the images]

-Sheldon

---------------------------------
Last edited by fantastictime on August 22nd, 2012, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

raynicol1
VRF Member
raynicol1
VRF Member

August 22nd, 2012, 11:14 am #5

I really enjoyed those pictures thanks for sharing.

Socrates8
VRF Member
Socrates8
VRF Member

August 22nd, 2012, 11:59 am #6

I'd like to first of thank those who put together this wonderful GTG in Carmel, CA at Fourtane Estate Jewelers (Eric Ku, Joshua Bonifas, The Bonifas family, Fourtane and every one else who organized it and attended). I truly had one of the best times of my life and realized collecting watches isn't just about the watches, it's more so or equally about the people you meet! I really enjoyed meeting various forum members such as Michael Griggs, Bruce Ellison (BD-Chrono), amongst others including Jean Paul (the strap maker) & Jake Erlich and expert and author of many Rolex books, John Goldberger!

Thanks again everybody!

Crazy cars, I loved the vintage convertible beetle in the back ground.

Glad you guys had a great time. Carmel is a beautiful place.

Cheers,

Ismat

munchiew
VRF Member
munchiew
VRF Member

August 22nd, 2012, 2:46 pm #7

Thanks again everybody!

Thanks for the great pics. And certainly it would have been a great honour to meet John Goldberger; a giant in the world of watch collecting.

Hello, Auro, and well done, Eric. Can you give a bit more notice next year; it's a long way from Asia, and logistics need time to put in place.

Best...MC
Last edited by munchiew on August 22nd, 2012, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

colpol
VRF Member
colpol
VRF Member

August 22nd, 2012, 5:53 pm #8

Thanks again everybody!

Great pictures & watches

Thanks for putting up the link

seve1939
VRF Member
seve1939
VRF Member

August 22nd, 2012, 7:25 pm #9

Thanks again everybody!

Been to Carmel a few time, a great place. E ven met the Man--Clint--aka--Dirty Harry. Regards to every one, especially Eric. He is the best.
Last edited by seve1939 on August 22nd, 2012, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 23rd, 2012, 9:49 pm #10

Thanks again everybody!

Had a great time in Carmel. Thanks Eric, Josh, Fourtane, and all the great people who shared their watches! It was great meeting you Michael and everyone else too. Seemed like a dream seeing so many beautiful watches and then walking back to my car on every block was at least one Ferrari, lambo, Aston Martin, or one of countless other rare cars. There were 5 Ferraris on one block. It really was amazing! I'd recommend anyone that likes rare watches and cars to make a point to show up next year, you wont be disappointed!