Calling Tudor MN Experts

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Calling Tudor MN Experts

January 7th, 2012, 4:43 pm #1

Stopped by my watch maker this morning and I went through a few bezels and inserts. Trying to determine which model this was for. I believe, though certainly not an expert, most of the Marine Nationale watches have a distinctive "2" font on the insert like the one below. Can anyone confirm? I haven't seen another like it.

January 7th, 2012, 6:30 pm #2

like it's seen some action

cheers
christian

January 7th, 2012, 6:32 pm #3

Stopped by my watch maker this morning and I went through a few bezels and inserts. Trying to determine which model this was for. I believe, though certainly not an expert, most of the Marine Nationale watches have a distinctive "2" font on the insert like the one below. Can anyone confirm? I haven't seen another like it.

standard mk3 insert for Tudor used from the 2nd half of the 70s on ( but not only for MN watches ).

January 7th, 2012, 6:36 pm #4

they used whatever they put on the tudor subs at that time.
it looks like a nice regular faded blue tudor insert.

but why is is sitting so deep in the steel bezel?
are you sure that´s a plexi sub bezel?

January 7th, 2012, 7:09 pm #5

Definitely a plexi sub, it fits perfectly on my 1680. The insert is really wedged in, afraid it may crack if I remove it.

January 7th, 2012, 7:21 pm #6

No special MN inserts. Looks like a ordinary late 70's insert.

M

http://www.tudorcollector.com

January 7th, 2012, 9:21 pm #7

Now I just need to find a nice snowflake without a bezel!