Bob's 1675

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Bob's 1675

June 19th, 2012, 7:07 pm #1

I was presented with this one owner 1675 PCG to refurbish.

Bob ordered it new from the catalogue on post in Germany in 1960 when he was stationed there. He is in his mid 80's now and actually took a fall last week and has been in the hospital.

Hopefully he will recover soon. I hope to present him with the watch later this week. A super nice veteran who used the watch as it was intended.

It was missing the bezel and a very nice VRF member helped me with a correct one for it.

The dial was replaced at Rolex in the mid 60's The hands were relumed at some point. The dial is a very nice espresso brown color albeit has a few flaws.

Keeping very nice time after a few bits and innards.

Last edited by RolexWatchTime on June 19th, 2012, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 19th, 2012, 8:22 pm #2

...love to see them like that.

June 19th, 2012, 9:15 pm #3

Bob ordered it new from the catalogue on post in Germany in 1960 when he was stationed there. He is in his mid 80's now and actually took a fall last week and has been in the hospital.

Hopefully he will recover soon. I hope to present him with the watch later this week. A super nice veteran who used the watch as it was intended.

It was missing the bezel and a very nice VRF member helped me with a correct one for it.

The dial was replaced at Rolex in the mid 60's The hands were relumed at some point. The dial is a very nice espresso brown color albeit has a few flaws.

God bless to a speedy recovery

June 19th, 2012, 10:06 pm #4

+1

June 19th, 2012, 11:39 pm #5

nt

June 19th, 2012, 11:42 pm #6

That GMT will likely put a smile on his face! Nice!

June 20th, 2012, 2:00 am #7

I sent them in an email to him. I know your thoughts are appreciated.

T

June 20th, 2012, 5:50 am #8

kudos to you for whipping Bob's trusty 4- hand friend back in shape.