Bexley edge and chamfers - polish or not to polish an all original 16750...?

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Bexley edge and chamfers - polish or not to polish an all original 16750...?

January 25th, 2012, 5:12 pm #1

Today I took delivery of this lovely 7.2m series 16750 GMT, box, papers, the lot.

Advertised and sold to me as all original, which it certainly appears to be and i couldn't be happier

Even the case looks unpolished and unmolsted in anyway. The seller didn't like to use the word "unpolished" as he hadn't owned it from new but we both agree the case looks untouched with just the odd nick and dent here and there.

So the question is, do I leave this all original beauty as is?

As the pictures show and tell, and a macro lens shows no mercy, the case has had an eventful 30 years on someone's wrist...

IMO this is the perfect example of a vintage watch that would really benefit of a trip to Bexley to have the case fixed up to the luster it deserves....

Anyone who thinks this would be a complete and utter travesty?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

January 25th, 2012, 5:43 pm #2

Unpolished

Polished
(Bexley 2008)

---Perpetual Knowledge---
-Perpetual Knowledge-

January 25th, 2012, 5:58 pm #3

a while back

it had very fat shoulders looked very odd

if the polish is done the way you show, no problem

but i would keep it as is (i like'em bruised and batterd)

cheers
christian

January 25th, 2012, 6:03 pm #4

Today I took delivery of this lovely 7.2m series 16750 GMT, box, papers, the lot.

Advertised and sold to me as all original, which it certainly appears to be and i couldn't be happier

Even the case looks unpolished and unmolsted in anyway. The seller didn't like to use the word "unpolished" as he hadn't owned it from new but we both agree the case looks untouched with just the odd nick and dent here and there.

As the pictures show and tell, and a macro lens shows no mercy, the case has had an eventful 30 years on someone's wrist...

IMO this is the perfect example of a vintage watch that would really benefit of a trip to Bexley to have the case fixed up to the luster it deserves....

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
case is nice and sharp, no reason for the Bexley treatment...nt

January 25th, 2012, 6:12 pm #5

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Nice GMT. I'd get it polished. It looks to me like it's been polished before anyway. I could be wrong, but the bottom-right lug, under the crown, looks narrower than the other side, to me... RSC will have it looking like new - no harm in a proper polish and refinish, IMHO.

January 25th, 2012, 6:18 pm #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
If it's still bothering you then polish it. I wouldn't do it, however.

January 25th, 2012, 6:25 pm #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Bexley has closed !

January 25th, 2012, 6:43 pm #8

-Perpetual Knowledge-

January 25th, 2012, 6:46 pm #9

a while back

it had very fat shoulders looked very odd

if the polish is done the way you show, no problem

but i would keep it as is (i like'em bruised and batterd)

cheers
christian
If your case has not been compromised by a non rolex polish and is still in good shape the results
are as shown in my previous post.

Most of the time the RSC doesn't get a Virgin case to show off their skills .

-Perpetual Knowledge-

January 25th, 2012, 8:27 pm #10

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Collection piece in a box ..., mint it up

Beater that you leave on for for Cutting the grass, tuning the car , painting the hall ....that you are gonna ding regular .... Leave it be

Wearer and you are white collar office kind of guy ...polish it and have something that looks sharp.... Patina and an acrylic vintage make it look vintage ... Dings and dents make it look ... Well .... Dinged and dented or as my wife says ' just because it's old it doesn't need to look 2nd hand'

Looks like it won't take much metal to sharpen it .