Vintage Rolex Discussion

Best adress to reshape a case ?

Yoram76
VRF Member
Yoram76
VRF Member

January 2nd, 2018, 9:22 pm #1

Hi,

What's the best adress to restore a case ?

My 6265 has been to polished on one side (shorter than the other and visible when the bracelet is mounted).

I need a place that restore by adding a bit of metal.

Thanks for the help.

Rome1680
VRF Member
Rome1680
VRF Member

January 3rd, 2018, 1:39 am #2

You can view some of their amazing case work by searching on their Instagram account ... losangeleswatchworks. Or lawatchworks.com.

January 3rd, 2018, 2:52 am #3

Shockingly awesome. Case looks brand new after Beau was finished with it. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

OysterCollector
VRF Member

January 3rd, 2018, 3:34 pm #4

Hi,

My 6265 has been to polished on one side (shorter than the other and visible when the bracelet is mounted).

Thanks for the help.
Someone was asking me if any of these case restoration guys can also replicate a missing lug on those older plated timepieces. An aquaintance of the family had an old 3 piece case "silvana" watch (generic brand of the 1940's) with a seconds subdial which has a missing lug. It is the only momento of their late father which cannot be worn because of this missing lug. It is of some cast brass which is chrome plated which would cost astronomically more to restore than what it is worth. I suggested to convert it to a pocket watch since it is so priceless to them. If anyone has any info, much appreciated with thanks!!!

January 3rd, 2018, 6:42 pm #5

I believe he advertises this type of service on his website.

juneja
VRF Member
juneja
VRF Member

January 20th, 2018, 3:08 pm #6

Hi,

Thanks for the help.
... thicken lugs as policy ...

January 22nd, 2018, 11:54 pm #7

You can view some of their amazing case work by searching on their Instagram account ... losangeleswatchworks. Or lawatchworks.com.
I found out about them through this thread. I knew Beau from ABCWW and the comments here on case work prompted me to take him my two 1013s today. The Serpico Y Laino needs the case addressed. My newer 1013 just needs to be regulated. I'll pick up the regulated one on Wednesday and at that time he'll have an estimate on the case work for the other one. For me, it is so much nicer to be able to just zip down the freeway to Pasadena rather than struggle to go to downtown LA or ship my watches to another city.