BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES

Vintage Rolex Discussion

BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES

April 27th, 2012, 2:39 pm #1

Dear all
Just few months ago I bought a watch that I though it was beyond repair because of the condition of the movement therefore I decided to send the watch to my watchmaker and I can tell you that he had a hard time to do the overhauling of the movement but here are the results
New dial / hands and nothing else but the full service of the movement and this watch is ready to rock again for many years to come.

I love the look on the Nato strap and I guess I will keep it that way as it looks fantastic with jeans and the patina on the dial/hands combo is really amazing, again nothing special but I wanted to share with you guys !!!

So here are the scans

Godspeed

ag

Before pics when I bought it

After Pics, you will never think it was the same watch

Last edited by alexxxgil on April 27th, 2012, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 27th, 2012, 2:58 pm #2

...and a brilliant move to de-pimp that dial... did you sell those diamonds?

;^)

Wonderful, and it really means that whenever we see even what looks like a lost cause... there's hope!

Great watch; thanks for sharing...

Ron

April 27th, 2012, 2:59 pm #3

Dear all
Just few months ago I bought a watch that I though it was beyond repair because of the condition of the movement therefore I decided to send the watch to my watchmaker and I can tell you that he had a hard time to do the overhauling of the movement but here are the results
New dial / hands and nothing else but the full service of the movement and this watch is ready to rock again for many years to come.

I love the look on the Nato strap and I guess I will keep it that way as it looks fantastic with jeans and the patina on the dial/hands combo is really amazing, again nothing special but I wanted to share with you guys !!!

So here are the scans

Godspeed

ag

That's a great restore project story AG - I had fun looking at the pixs

Rise of the blue phoenix )))

April 27th, 2012, 5:14 pm #4

Dear all

So here are the scans

Godspeed

ag

really? that's an awesome job the watchmaker did.
Last edited by fantastictime on April 27th, 2012, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 27th, 2012, 6:34 pm #5

Dear all

So here are the scans

Godspeed

ag

now it's a nice piece. Congrats, mate.

April 28th, 2012, 1:51 am #6

Dear all

So here are the scans

Godspeed

ag

Nice dial!!

April 28th, 2012, 2:49 am #7

Dear all

So here are the scans

Godspeed

ag

Miracles DO Happen !!! Bueno AG !!! (nt)

April 28th, 2012, 9:49 pm #8

Dear all

So here are the scans

Godspeed

ag

incredible job!! did the watch need a lot of replacement parts or were most of the parts salvageable?