Any suggestions for a cool strap for my WGDD ?--more

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Any suggestions for a cool strap for my WGDD ?--more

April 5th, 2012, 1:54 pm #1

Currently it has a glossy, thin, Croc. strap. Current picture. Sorry for lousy photos

April 5th, 2012, 2:17 pm #2

i have always been a bracelet guy, so i would look for an original white gold bracelet, but of course that would be the most expensive option

fred

April 5th, 2012, 2:57 pm #3

Currently it has a glossy, thin, Croc. strap. Current picture. Sorry for lousy photos

with unconcealed clasp. It will take lots of patience, time and certainly money. But consider it as an investment.
In the meantime a nice padded croco strap and a Rolex SS bucle will do the trick
Very nice piece!!
Regards from sunny Belgium
Arturo

April 5th, 2012, 3:35 pm #4

I agree with the bracelet suggestion, but I wouldn't know where to find one. Any ideas. Regards, Lou

April 5th, 2012, 8:27 pm #5

i've seen straps that user tonez makes. they look excellent. search for him and the straps he sells on this forum.

April 5th, 2012, 11:05 pm #6

I agree with the bracelet suggestion, but I wouldn't know where to find one. Any ideas. Regards, Lou
i would try either nyc or hong kong. since it's probably impractical to go to either place unless you plan to be there anyways, i would contact nyc seller john buckley or geouge at tempus fugit, or in hong kong try any one of many members here. i think steve p could also point you in the right direction as he is really in tune with the gold daydates and has contacts in his area too.

as another option, you could pick up a yellow gold genuine president bracelet and have it professionally plated in white gold. not factory original but certainly close and all rolex.

one thing for sure, whatever band option you choose, your watch is a stunner!

fred

April 6th, 2012, 4:36 pm #7

Thanks for your help---have Happy Easter