Another Navy Rolex...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Another Navy Rolex...

April 5th, 2012, 2:06 pm #1

but this time a private purchase by a serving Navy man in Singapore in 1957: a Explorer #6610 Officially Certified Chronometer.

Just back from spa treatment; the dial is a bit craggy (even though it is 55!), but I love the big gilt (radium) hands!

Lots of nice paperwork, including the purchase receipt for S$275, guarantee booklet, Chronometer ratings certificate, and 1962 Rolex UK service paperwork when the Navy man got home!

I'm sure I can squeeze just a little space in my treasure box to make way for this one!

MW

(Thanks R!)

April 5th, 2012, 2:11 pm #2

Amazing! Those hands are stunning. Congrats Mike!

April 5th, 2012, 2:51 pm #3

but this time a private purchase by a serving Navy man in Singapore in 1957: a Explorer #6610 Officially Certified Chronometer.

Just back from spa treatment; the dial is a bit craggy (even though it is 55!), but I love the big gilt (radium) hands!

Lots of nice paperwork, including the purchase receipt for S$275, guarantee booklet, Chronometer ratings certificate, and 1962 Rolex UK service paperwork when the Navy man got home!

I'm sure I can squeeze just a little space in my treasure box to make way for this one!

MW

(Thanks R!)

Great catch. Big congrats Mike!!

April 5th, 2012, 3:33 pm #4

MW

(Thanks R!)

Really LOVE it, what a beauty it is !! Well done, my friend !!

ENJOY!
Werner

April 5th, 2012, 4:33 pm #5

MW

(Thanks R!)

great catch, congrats Mike and have a happy Easter

April 5th, 2012, 5:00 pm #6

MW

(Thanks R!)

Very very nice!!! Warm compliments ;-)

April 5th, 2012, 5:46 pm #7

MW

(Thanks R!)

April 5th, 2012, 6:01 pm #8

MW

(Thanks R!)

Love it Mike! great find!!

April 5th, 2012, 6:55 pm #9

MW

(Thanks R!)

Love it!!!

Ross

April 5th, 2012, 6:56 pm #10

MW

(Thanks R!)

Hi Mike,

A really nice watch.

I hope it does not join the expansive MW collection as I'm sure despite that very worthy cause, there are some much more worthy causes, as represented by the rest of the wintage Rolex collecting community out there. I think there would be a large queue to acquire that piece and you should relieve yourself of the responsibility and quilt that may arise from denying others that opportunity.

I wouldn't want to see you racked with guilt, please let others share the burden.

All the best

regards

John