6% from Monday !!!!!!!

---Perpetual Knowledge---
-Perpetual Knowledge-

June 9th, 2012, 8:15 am #2

Sick.

June 9th, 2012, 9:04 am #3

6% from Monday !!!!!!!

basic laws of economics, hope they understand that...

June 9th, 2012, 10:30 am #4

6% from Monday !!!!!!!

so some models will have an increase nearer 10 percent and most likely the bling models will be in the 4 to 6 percent range.

Just dont understand the increase with the UK going thru one of the harshest economic climates ever.

Best,
K

June 9th, 2012, 10:33 am #5

6% from Monday !!!!!!!

About time too!

June 9th, 2012, 10:44 am #6

6% from Monday !!!!!!!

new steel Daytonas in AD's windows

(Doha Airport Duty Free last Tuesday ~ 1 Qatar Riyal = 0.22 Euro / GBP £0.17 / US $0.27)

I think the UK is still one of the cheapest places for new Rolex, if you take into consideration prices include 20% V.A.T.

MW

June 9th, 2012, 11:05 am #7

6% from Monday !!!!!!!

when it comes to servicing watches especially vintage watches.........................they are really about selling 'new' watches and getting you to trade in your old watch on a regular basis.

Whether I like it or not,  if I was Rolex the question I would ask myself is why would they invest in the heavy overheads of maintaining service facilities and maintaining a team of watchmakers if they are not going to make a serious return on that investment. If you have finite resources then the price mechanism plus long service turnarounds is one way of reducing demand plus not allowing other watchmakers access to spare parts makes it a more conjucive environment to sell new watches.

My wifes datejust was away with Rolex for nearly 6 months being serviced.............such a lengthy delay lead to us buying a spare Rolex for her to wear whilst hers was away being serviced. A sound business proposition if you are Rolex.

I'm sure its not lost on them the real  increase in value of a recent Rolex service of a vintage piece, and of course the risk of damaging irreplaceable vintage parts whilst performing a service................the greater the risk the more likely the price premium charged. I'm sure we are unfortunately going to see a continuing spiral in these costs.

regards

John

June 9th, 2012, 11:11 am #8

I hope the service costs will remain stable for a while after the recent increases...

June 9th, 2012, 11:28 am #9

I think you are going to see year on year hikes in servicing costs............as the cost of a new Rolex keeps rising, it is fair to assume that the cost of a service in relative proprotionate to a new watch cost, allows service prices to rise. By way of example a £600 service on a £2k watch seems execessive but on a £6k watch seems reasonable.

So as the  prices of new Rolex rise, I'm sure the service prices will follow it.

All the best

regards

John

June 9th, 2012, 3:33 pm #10

so some models will have an increase nearer 10 percent and most likely the bling models will be in the 4 to 6 percent range.

Just dont understand the increase with the UK going thru one of the harshest economic climates ever.

Best,
K
The Geneva boys think they are immune to the difficulties of the World; they will find out quickly they are not.

Best...MC