And now for something completely different...

Vintage Rolex Discussion

And now for something completely different...

March 3rd, 2012, 12:43 pm #1

Let´s call it the SubDayDate? Owner claim the watch was made by special order at Rolex like this for his father. Looking at the dial and font I do not see any indications of aftermarket job. Could this really be...all original Rolex? Rumour has it that Greek King Konstantin II had a similar version made when he saw this watch at the local Copenhagen Rolex dealer.

Bracelet indicates 4.69 (sorry upside down on the picture).

March 3rd, 2012, 12:57 pm #2

Fascinating, K! (nt)

March 3rd, 2012, 1:57 pm #3

Let´s call it the SubDayDate? Owner claim the watch was made by special order at Rolex like this for his father. Looking at the dial and font I do not see any indications of aftermarket job. Could this really be...all original Rolex? Rumour has it that Greek King Konstantin II had a similar version made when he saw this watch at the local Copenhagen Rolex dealer.

It would be a fun wearer! Thanks for sharing.

March 3rd, 2012, 2:16 pm #4

Very interesting! Could you post some dial only photos for our viewing pleasure? Cheers!

March 3rd, 2012, 2:43 pm #5

From the same guy that has the GMT Daytona?

lol!

Do I see you in Basel, maatje?

March 3rd, 2012, 3:09 pm #6

the 3/4 lume moons look right and evenly "broken" up. what kind of end links? Out of curiosity, what is the reference between the lugs and could you submit the serial number to Rolex for verification??

March 3rd, 2012, 4:00 pm #7

it needs an orange 24 hour pointer, moonphase, and reserve de marche...

March 3rd, 2012, 4:20 pm #8

Cheers!
Milan

March 3rd, 2012, 4:25 pm #9

And yes, P. We'll meet in Basel. Have a red Sub I need you to have a look at anyway.

March 3rd, 2012, 4:34 pm #10

Maybe it's sold at the same store in Copenhagen that sold the
famous Veltman Tourbillon?

See ya in Basel my friend, fan vad ful du är.

Jocke
Last edited by jocke1 on March 3rd, 2012, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.