Advice on my 116520 dial turning green, changing dial after service etc

Vintage Rolex Discussion

Advice on my 116520 dial turning green, changing dial after service etc

January 2nd, 2012, 1:40 pm #1

Hi,
I bought another 116520 P serial fresh from service a couple of weeks ago. It was fitted with a black dial and I was thinking about fitting a cream dial(that came from another p serial) that I had in my collection but when I took the dial from storage and looked at the dial it now has changed now has a very faint lime green tint to it at - it still looks cream from the pictures - I havent been able to capture the green colour yet in a picture but I can deffinately see it in person, I checked with my wife and she can see the same - anyone else have a dial like this? or heard of it before? I put the dial next to some other white daytona dials from my collection for comparison.

If I change the dial will it invalidate the service guarantee that I have?

Should I insure it for more than a regular 116520? If so where can I get a valuation?

Many Thanks in advance
Simon
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

January 2nd, 2012, 2:55 pm #2

i've never seen a greenish dial.. But that looks really good imo.
Keep it that way...

January 2nd, 2012, 3:34 pm #3

Hi,
I bought another 116520 P serial fresh from service a couple of weeks ago. It was fitted with a black dial and I was thinking about fitting a cream dial(that came from another p serial) that I had in my collection but when I took the dial from storage and looked at the dial it now has changed now has a very faint lime green tint to it at - it still looks cream from the pictures - I havent been able to capture the green colour yet in a picture but I can deffinately see it in person, I checked with my wife and she can see the same - anyone else have a dial like this? or heard of it before? I put the dial next to some other white daytona dials from my collection for comparison.

Should I insure it for more than a regular 116520? If so where can I get a valuation?

Many Thanks in advance
Simon
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
in the past we have also seen one dial faded to a "hazelnut" shade :

January 2nd, 2012, 3:48 pm #4

Wonderful colouration Marcello ! Wow !

January 2nd, 2012, 3:54 pm #5

this fading !!!

January 2nd, 2012, 4:52 pm #6

Hi,

Many Thanks in advance
Simon
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
get it professionally fitted and post it here, man...
I believe lots of members here gonna love to see it...

January 2nd, 2012, 8:12 pm #7

in the past we have also seen one dial faded to a "hazelnut" shade :