A REAL Sky Dweller with Pink/Purple Insert!!

Vintage Rolex Discussion

A REAL Sky Dweller with Pink/Purple Insert!!

March 7th, 2012, 12:43 pm #1

After just seeing Rolex's latest offering I think it's fair to say I'll be sticking with my trusty GMT.

Ive wanted to try a purple/pink-blue vintage faded insert on my GMT for a while now but finding an original one with this colour combination makes finding hens teeth look relatively straight forward. To find one in this condition is just something a bit special so I was quite excited to try it on for size. Heres the result:

submariner1680
VRF Member

March 7th, 2012, 12:47 pm #2

Hi buddy Dunc , congras you got it finally ! i know that you looking for it so long long time ! Rick

March 7th, 2012, 12:51 pm #3

I have Michael from Berlin to thank for helping me find this one and it's an absolute corker!

March 7th, 2012, 1:02 pm #4

After just seeing Rolex's latest offering I think it's fair to say I'll be sticking with my trusty GMT.

Ive wanted to try a purple/pink-blue vintage faded insert on my GMT for a while now but finding an original one with this colour combination makes finding hens teeth look relatively straight forward. To find one in this condition is just something a bit special so I was quite excited to try it on for size. Heres the result:

Wow, what a beauty... congrats!

sailor79
VRF Member
sailor79
VRF Member

March 7th, 2012, 1:11 pm #5

Hi Dunc! What a beauty! Happy you finally managed to complete it! Big Congrats! Michael

March 7th, 2012, 1:26 pm #6

cool insert!!

March 7th, 2012, 2:04 pm #7

Hi Dunc! What a beauty! Happy you finally managed to complete it! Big Congrats! Michael
Thanks buddy, I owe you!! NT

michel33
VRF Member
michel33
VRF Member

March 7th, 2012, 3:53 pm #8

In this shape, these inserts are really hard to source, any others on the Forum?

LennyL
VRF Member
LennyL
VRF Member

March 7th, 2012, 8:34 pm #9

& your right NOT that easy to find but give this watch an incredible look!!

CIAO,
Len
Last edited by LennyL on March 7th, 2012, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.