a lot of unnecessary attention

Dave Rosenberg
Dave Rosenberg

October 15th, 2011, 6:28 pm #1

Hello all vrf members,

I am sorry my listing has been the subject of such controversy. A couple of people contacted to help clear up the confusion so I will post the pictures with more of the serial number for the watch on ebay.

I currently have the 2 watches, one of them is the watch you are all familiar with and it has no papers.

The serial number of the watch I am selling on ebay is 2,916,xxx and the watch in question is 2,919,xxx. Although now I am thinking of stopping the auction due to the negative publicity.

I should not have posted the pictures of wrong watch in the auction, but I wanted to sell the watch with the dial and hands, bezel, etc. off the other watch so this is why my auction listing is the way it is.

I appreciate if you review this post and remove the damaging content as it has no real basis and is only damaging. I wish the accusers contacted me first instead of making this anfair and public accusations.

here is the pictures of both watches and the serial number more revealed:

October 15th, 2011, 6:32 pm #2

I should not have posted the pictures of wrong watch in the auction, but I wanted to sell the watch with the dial and hands, bezel, etc. off the other watch so this is why my auction listing is the way it is.

Can you please clarify what you mean by this statement?
Thanks in advance,
T.

You must be crazy
You must be crazy

October 15th, 2011, 6:38 pm #3

Hello all vrf members,

I am sorry my listing has been the subject of such controversy. A couple of people contacted to help clear up the confusion so I will post the pictures with more of the serial number for the watch on ebay.

I currently have the 2 watches, one of them is the watch you are all familiar with and it has no papers.

The serial number of the watch I am selling on ebay is 2,916,xxx and the watch in question is 2,919,xxx. Although now I am thinking of stopping the auction due to the negative publicity.

I appreciate if you review this post and remove the damaging content as it has no real basis and is only damaging. I wish the accusers contacted me first instead of making this anfair and public accusations.

you claim that the papers are a 2916XXX, yet you can still see in your ebay listing that the first for digits on the papers are 2919-

Clearly not the same papers, and possibly another attempt to deceive?

The question still remains that does Andrew's ex-watch now miraculously have papers?

The plot thickens, and you are not helping yourself by shooting your other foot.
Last edited by fantastictime on October 15th, 2011, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

conrail
VRF Member
conrail
VRF Member

October 15th, 2011, 6:48 pm #4

Wow - good eye - there does appear to be a warranty paper for 291'9' ?

October 15th, 2011, 6:49 pm #5

Hello all vrf members,

involved in this sale? John Ireland is 100% correct, one should contact the seller and question them about it before diving into the sale.

Arthur

http://rolexnessreviews.blogspot.com/

October 15th, 2011, 6:58 pm #6

Because this man is held in high regards on VRF. And if that status is not warranted, people should know.

October 15th, 2011, 7:01 pm #7

Hello all vrf members,

You have got to be kidding me

October 15th, 2011, 7:01 pm #8

Wow - good eye - there does appear to be a warranty paper for 291'9' ?
Nothing is consistent when we compare numerals of..

The miracle 2919...

with so called legitimate B&P freccione..

Hmmm, it stinks!

;-(

October 15th, 2011, 7:07 pm #9

Because this man is held in high regards on VRF. And if that status is not warranted, people should know.
incidentally, people should know what exactly?
A

http://rolexnessreviews.blogspot.com/

conrail
VRF Member
conrail
VRF Member

October 15th, 2011, 7:11 pm #10

Just to chime in with my 2 cents, and not taking sides on anything, but xxx is a well respected member of the vintage Rolex world generally, of which VRF (along with TRF, ebay, TZ, other forums...) provide interested parties with access to. Folks on the other main thread have raised some interesting things with these watches. We should wait to hear from all parties to either put this to bed or press on, but there are some serious red flags raised.

Because this forum in particular is an excellent resource and "central" place for vintage Rolex folks to come, I think its helpful to air it out here - who cares where the sale took, or is taking, place.
Last edited by VintageRolexForum on October 15th, 2011, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.