A big thank you to Mike Wood for today... (Saturday)

Vintage Rolex Discussion

A big thank you to Mike Wood for today... (Saturday)

February 5th, 2012, 12:44 am #1

Mike organised a fantastic get together today and brought together some of the old boys and some of the new.

Probably the largest collection of some very serious metal in a single room, that the uk has ever seen.

Great watches and great people.

Some great pics to follow im sure.

Even with mil subs and newmans a plenty my favourite today was Steve K's Oman Bark day date in NOS condition, as the day it was presented.

Bernhard made the effort and represented the Netherlands along with his fantastic 5510 and we had Grahame over from NYC witha roll of beauties and there was some guy with a load of kangaroo tails in a bag he claimed were watch straps

Im sure the guys will post some great pics of the weekend.

---Perpetual Knowledge---
Last edited by fantastictime on February 5th, 2012, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Perpetual Knowledge-

February 5th, 2012, 12:52 am #2

Hope to see what we are talking about!!

Mehdi

February 5th, 2012, 1:28 am #3

Mike organised a fantastic get together today and brought together some of the old boys and some of the new.

Probably the largest collection of some very serious metal in a single room, that the uk has ever seen.

Even with mil subs and newmans a plenty my favourite today was Steve K's Oman Bark day date in NOS condition, as the day it was presented.

Bernhard made the effort and represented the Netherlands along with his fantastic 5510 and we had Grahame over from NYC witha roll of beauties and there was some guy with a load of kangaroo tails in a bag he claimed were watch straps

As we discussed, you know it's a serious meet when you look at any of the collections present and just have to skip the Comex 1665s and Mil 5513s to look at the REALLY rare pieces ! Some treasures there today, of all flavours.

Have to love Bernhard's European sexiness. Ok, you say you were talking about Jed's straps but declaring "I am really into leather" with your saucy scandi-twang is just too much !

So, ignoring the JCKs / PNs / moonphases / issue watches and Explorer Subs, who won the "Bling Challenge" in the end ?

Very friendly bunch, sorry I didn't stay for dinner but really need to get this family ready for imminent travels. It hurt to leave but I hope dinner was good; I have no doubt the company was excellent.

Wishing all a safe journey home,

Haywood M

February 5th, 2012, 1:46 am #4

As a 'newbie' to this kind of gathering of illustrious wristwatch afficionados, I'd like to extend my thanks to all for making my visit so much fun.

Sorry I couldn't stay for dinner and complete my goodbyes (the inclement weather forced me to leave early, hoping that my Heathrow flight on Sunday would still happen)

I learned a lot and it was great to see so much enthusiasm.

Thanks Mike for making it happen - much appreciated.

February 5th, 2012, 9:09 am #5

Sounds like a great GTG as "top of the casting" was there...
I envy you,sadly flights organization wasnt on my side.

Impatient to see the scans.

Stainless steel regards

February 5th, 2012, 11:29 am #6

Nice location, excellent food even second and third helpings , convivial atmosphere, some really good company helped put names to faces and of course some really nice watches to boot.

Steve's Oman DD, Mike's California dial and Roger's TV for me were the very best of a quite diverse watch gathering.

Many thanks for pulling it together Mike..................I really enjoyed it.

Especially nice when I still managed to catch the 2nd half of England beating the more experienced Scots.

Regards

John

Last edited by fatboyharris on February 5th, 2012, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 5th, 2012, 11:43 am #7

looking forward to the photos :D°°°°

February 5th, 2012, 12:52 pm #8

But I've had man flu for about three days now and would never have lasted the day, let alone two. Apologies from me for not getting there, anyway, and thanks to Mike for his organisational prowess!

---
Tony

February 5th, 2012, 1:09 pm #9

...I hope you guys won't have any flight canceled because of the weather !

steboe
steboe

February 5th, 2012, 1:12 pm #10

I am sure you had a great time!
All the Best
Stephen...looking forward to seeing tons of pics....