LunetteVerde
VRF Member

March 24th, 2018, 3:35 pm #41

After being on N54 for nearly 20 years, its time for a change of scenery for VRF. Last year N54 was quietly acquired by Tapatalk, a company that hosts many online communities. All the weird problems we’ve been experiencing have to do with tinkering behind the scenes trying to find a way to migrate all the data over to a new and improved platform. The kind folks at Tapatalk reached out to me privately a couple months ago and we have been diligently testing a beta for the new platform. We are 99% there, hence the public announcement today.

The new platform has many features that N54 lacks, including mobile platform compatibility, direct uploading of images, PMs, etc… All the things that we’ve been wanting for many years now. One of the great things is that because N54 was acquired by Tapatalk, all our existing logins and passwords will transfer over directly so you do not need to sign up again, etc. Not only that, but all the old posts will be transferred over and be searchable and indexed on the new forum.

Will there be growing pains? I’m sure there will be, but overall the robustness of the new platform will insure that VRF continues to be the place for people to research share buy and sell vintage Rolex related items. In the meantime, there’s not much else I can share with you all, but if there are questions I’m happy to answer what I can here. I'll update everyone as things progress.

Can’t wait to see the new VRF

holycosmic
VRF Member
holycosmic
VRF Member

March 24th, 2018, 4:03 pm #42

After being on N54 for nearly 20 years, its time for a change of scenery for VRF. Last year N54 was quietly acquired by Tapatalk, a company that hosts many online communities. All the weird problems we’ve been experiencing have to do with tinkering behind the scenes trying to find a way to migrate all the data over to a new and improved platform. The kind folks at Tapatalk reached out to me privately a couple months ago and we have been diligently testing a beta for the new platform. We are 99% there, hence the public announcement today.

The new platform has many features that N54 lacks, including mobile platform compatibility, direct uploading of images, PMs, etc… All the things that we’ve been wanting for many years now. One of the great things is that because N54 was acquired by Tapatalk, all our existing logins and passwords will transfer over directly so you do not need to sign up again, etc. Not only that, but all the old posts will be transferred over and be searchable and indexed on the new forum.

Will there be growing pains? I’m sure there will be, but overall the robustness of the new platform will insure that VRF continues to be the place for people to research share buy and sell vintage Rolex related items. In the meantime, there’s not much else I can share with you all, but if there are questions I’m happy to answer what I can here. I'll update everyone as things progress.

Thanks for sharing!

March 25th, 2018, 4:35 am #43

Looking forward to the new platform
Chong YC

newsboy2
VRF Member
newsboy2
VRF Member

March 25th, 2018, 6:17 am #44

Fantastic news can’t wait

March 25th, 2018, 12:14 pm #45

wonderful news. nt.

March 25th, 2018, 4:10 pm #46

Great news! Can’t wait

juneja
VRF Member
juneja
VRF Member

March 25th, 2018, 5:20 pm #47

Phew!! Thanks!!

March 26th, 2018, 1:32 am #48

I'm looking forward to it. Long overdue investment! (n/t)

March 26th, 2018, 6:10 am #49

Great news. Here's to another 2 decades or more

darkner-imperator
VRF Member

March 26th, 2018, 10:24 am #50

nt