iuio
VRF Member
iuio
VRF Member

March 22nd, 2018, 1:42 pm #21

After being on N54 for nearly 20 years, its time for a change of scenery for VRF. Last year N54 was quietly acquired by Tapatalk, a company that hosts many online communities. All the weird problems we’ve been experiencing have to do with tinkering behind the scenes trying to find a way to migrate all the data over to a new and improved platform. The kind folks at Tapatalk reached out to me privately a couple months ago and we have been diligently testing a beta for the new platform. We are 99% there, hence the public announcement today.

The new platform has many features that N54 lacks, including mobile platform compatibility, direct uploading of images, PMs, etc… All the things that we’ve been wanting for many years now. One of the great things is that because N54 was acquired by Tapatalk, all our existing logins and passwords will transfer over directly so you do not need to sign up again, etc. Not only that, but all the old posts will be transferred over and be searchable and indexed on the new forum.

Will there be growing pains? I’m sure there will be, but overall the robustness of the new platform will insure that VRF continues to be the place for people to research share buy and sell vintage Rolex related items. In the meantime, there’s not much else I can share with you all, but if there are questions I’m happy to answer what I can here. I'll update everyone as things progress.

Robbe1675
VRF Member
Robbe1675
VRF Member

March 22nd, 2018, 3:28 pm #22

After being on N54 for nearly 20 years, its time for a change of scenery for VRF. Last year N54 was quietly acquired by Tapatalk, a company that hosts many online communities. All the weird problems we’ve been experiencing have to do with tinkering behind the scenes trying to find a way to migrate all the data over to a new and improved platform. The kind folks at Tapatalk reached out to me privately a couple months ago and we have been diligently testing a beta for the new platform. We are 99% there, hence the public announcement today.

The new platform has many features that N54 lacks, including mobile platform compatibility, direct uploading of images, PMs, etc… All the things that we’ve been wanting for many years now. One of the great things is that because N54 was acquired by Tapatalk, all our existing logins and passwords will transfer over directly so you do not need to sign up again, etc. Not only that, but all the old posts will be transferred over and be searchable and indexed on the new forum.

Will there be growing pains? I’m sure there will be, but overall the robustness of the new platform will insure that VRF continues to be the place for people to research share buy and sell vintage Rolex related items. In the meantime, there’s not much else I can share with you all, but if there are questions I’m happy to answer what I can here. I'll update everyone as things progress.

motocrssr
VRF Member
motocrssr
VRF Member

March 22nd, 2018, 3:41 pm #23

nt

March 22nd, 2018, 4:30 pm #24

Great news, many thanks!!

March 22nd, 2018, 4:56 pm #25

Great news!!

suisset40
VRF Member
suisset40
VRF Member

March 22nd, 2018, 7:54 pm #26

Many Thanks Eric !

watchyouwant
VRF Member
watchyouwant
VRF Member

March 23rd, 2018, 8:52 am #27

you need to charge members a small fee to get it going, most would be fine with that. i guess..... kind regards from australia. achim

March 23rd, 2018, 12:54 pm #28

I can tell you that we will have some nice functionality like one click to reveal all posts from a single member.

I am looking forward to going back through the last 15 years of my posts and making sure all have the correct pictures showing.
Together we can restore the VRF to its pre photobucket meltdown status as the worlds premier resource for Vintage Rolex reference.

Last edited by fantastictime on March 23rd, 2018, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Perpetual Knowledge-

March 23rd, 2018, 1:25 pm #29

but I guess I'll catch up soon!

lhanddds
VRF Member
lhanddds
VRF Member

March 23rd, 2018, 1:51 pm #30

Great news