5508 - Tell me your thoughts

Vintage Rolex Discussion

5508 - Tell me your thoughts

August 5th, 2012, 2:01 am #1

Gents:

Never much post here but I am a long time lurker. The knowledge and camaraderie is great here.

As the title says, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the 5508 Submariner. I have a 16600 and 1665 and am completely content. I could not be happier with the two! The only other watch I would ever want to add is the 5508. But I am always wondering if it is too small? I'm not a big watch guy, but the crown always looks very small in pictures. And I also always wonder if it is too delicate to wear around a few days a week?

This is all just wondering as a purchase is years away. But much of the fun of this hobby is the research so I thought I'd ask the experts. Would love to hear from some 5508 owners And see some pictures!

Thanks in advance for the help! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

V/R

Mike

August 5th, 2012, 3:06 am #2

I like the look of the big crowns but the slimmer 5508 works well. The crown doesn't feel too small and I'm a big watch guy. Operation is solid, and haven't felt the need to be too delicate with crown operation.

Good luck with your decision and the hunt.

Bill

August 5th, 2012, 3:09 am #3

Gents:

Never much post here but I am a long time lurker. The knowledge and camaraderie is great here.

As the title says, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the 5508 Submariner. I have a 16600 and 1665 and am completely content. I could not be happier with the two! The only other watch I would ever want to add is the 5508. But I am always wondering if it is too small? I'm not a big watch guy, but the crown always looks very small in pictures. And I also always wonder if it is too delicate to wear around a few days a week?

This is all just wondering as a purchase is years away. But much of the fun of this hobby is the research so I thought I'd ask the experts. Would love to hear from some 5508 owners And see some pictures!

V/R

Mike
I love this one. It is a dream for me. I prefer it on a strap.
Good luck on finding one. I cannot currently afford a Big Crown. This satisfies the NCG fever.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

August 5th, 2012, 4:55 am #4

Gents:

V/R

Mike
Wow, talk about the exact same tastes. Thanks for your pm on the gw on the other forum

August 5th, 2012, 5:57 am #5

Gents:

V/R

Mike
Chocolate

And a rare " ghost" two Silver Line.........

Cheers,

Francesco

August 5th, 2012, 10:07 am #6

Gents:

V/R

Mike
[/IMG]
Last edited by johan61 on August 5th, 2012, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 5th, 2012, 12:32 pm #7

Gents:

V/R

Mike
Great pieces friends...

August 5th, 2012, 1:10 pm #8

Gents:

Thank you for all the replies. Beautiful watches, and I am glad to hear that you guys wear them at least somewhat regularly.

Like I said, a purchase is years away for me (just cleared out the 'funny money' funds on the 1665 after yrs of saving). But, I can still look at drool, right!?!

Please keep the advice and pics coming! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

V/R

Mike

August 5th, 2012, 1:11 pm #9

Woops, meant to say "look AND drool" not "look at drool." Who wants to look at drool?? Ha!

V/R

Mike

August 5th, 2012, 4:41 pm #10

Gents:

V/R

Mike
1958 and 1962 respectively.