3525 POW's chronographer never existed in "plated"

Vintage Rolex Discussion

3525 POW's chronographer never existed in "plated"

February 13th, 2012, 8:35 am #1

What I already knew but had to get it in written from
Geneva :

1) 3525 POW's chronographer never existed in "plated"
2) Only one quality of steel existed for 3525 (even for Africa lol)
3) If Plated Matt's 3525 is a fake
4) That special dial needs to be "analised in our laboratories"

Dated Genève 8 février 2012
Signed by M. MB (AND) M. FC-T
Last edited by fantastictime on February 13th, 2012, 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 13th, 2012, 8:49 am #2

You are a very well respected member of that comunity if not the
most respected and I really can not understand how you could have written this :

"Agree with Philipp...." then " Matt's inherited watch is a plated base metal case with a stainless steel screw caseback."
"the profile of the steel monobloc case is different to the profile of the plated metal case. "

Last edited by fantastictime on February 13th, 2012, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 13th, 2012, 9:06 am #3

But I do reserve the right to disagree with your findings.

We are not privy to your "contacts" within the Rolex organisation, and are forced to accept what you choose to "disclose" on the Forum.

An examination of Matt's watch would be quite revealing, and none of us has yet had chance to do this.

Your inital posts were very dismissive of Matt's watch, and I thought quite unpleasant.

You are a also a respected member of the VRF community, and I chose not to argue with you.

If you feel it is necessary to score points against me, chart one up on your blackboard...

Mike Wood

February 13th, 2012, 9:25 am #4

What I already knew but had to get it in written from
Geneva :

1) 3525 POW's chronographer never existed in "plated"
2) Only one quality of steel existed for 3525 (even for Africa lol)
3) If Plated Matt's 3525 is a fake
4) That special dial needs to be "analised in our laboratories"

Dated Genève 8 février 2012
Signed by M. MB (AND) M. FC-T
Me, correct http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/m ... T+piece%21

You http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/m ... 62/Hi+Matt

Rolex:

"Dear Mr....,

We thank you for your enquiry of 23 January 2012 about your vintage Chronograph.

As far as we can tell from your photographs, the watch is in original condition. However, we sincerely regret to inform you that a restoration is not possible. The watchcase is so heavily corroded that any attempt of repair is impossible. We dont have a replacement case available as this model has been discontinued many years ago. It was manufactured in the 1940s.

Yours sincerely,

MB
Service Mondial World Service

ROLEX SA - rue François-Dussaud, 3-5-7
1211 Genève 26 Suisse"

Last edited by fantastictime on February 13th, 2012, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 13th, 2012, 9:37 am #5

But I do reserve the right to disagree with your findings.

We are not privy to your "contacts" within the Rolex organisation, and are forced to accept what you choose to "disclose" on the Forum.

An examination of Matt's watch would be quite revealing, and none of us has yet had chance to do this.

Your inital posts were very dismissive of Matt's watch, and I thought quite unpleasant.

You are a also a respected member of the VRF community, and I chose not to argue with you.

If you feel it is necessary to score points against me, chart one up on your blackboard...

Mike Wood
"We are not privy to your "contacts" within the Rolex organisation, and are forced to accept what you choose to "disclose" on the Forum."

You too Mike??? It seems that an italian and a dutch gentlemen already burned themselves playing that little game.

February 13th, 2012, 9:45 am #6

Rolex:

"Dear Mr....,

We thank you for your enquiry of 23 January 2012 about your vintage Chronograph.

As far as we can tell from your photographs, the watch is in original condition. However, we sincerely regret to inform you that a restoration is not possible. The watchcase is so heavily corroded that any attempt of repair is impossible. We dont have a replacement case available as this model has been discontinued many years ago. It was manufactured in the 1940s.

Yours sincerely,

MB

1211 Genève 26 Suisse"

For matts watch it is so pitted that it was impossible to see if
monoblocco or not. The watch is still different than mine and
all the ones I have seen. (and I own both versions, both with Rolex papers)
Last edited by fantastictime on February 13th, 2012, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 13th, 2012, 9:47 am #7

"We are not privy to your "contacts" within the Rolex organisation, and are forced to accept what you choose to "disclose" on the Forum."

You too Mike??? It seems that an italian and a dutch gentlemen already burned themselves playing that little game.

do feel free to drop me an e-mail.

My e-mail address is under my login name (I don't need to conceal it or change identities regularly).

Or you could telephone me on 0044 1704 549733, but please excuse me if I don't answer after 3-4 rings because I do run a busy little Shop...

Mike Wood

February 13th, 2012, 9:55 am #8

Rolex:

"Dear Mr....,

Yours sincerely,

MB

1211 Genève 26 Suisse"

I mean I understand disagreements and the satisfaction of being right, but this is very much a scientific endeavor that the community studies and shares openly. Some like you two are famous and move the knowledge forward by leaps and bounds. You dont know how much you mean to the rest of the community who can only play this game in their heads or vicariously through others as we can only afford to have one or 2 special pieces. Its a shame to see these flare ups for no reason.

There has been some incorrect statements recently by gurus, but By and large these debates and corrections are very healthy to our love here and a part of deciphering the history of Rolex for all and forever. When the big pieces like you two stake opinions and knowledge is enhances everyone wins and there is no "loser"

February 13th, 2012, 10:00 am #9

do feel free to drop me an e-mail.

My e-mail address is under my login name (I don't need to conceal it or change identities regularly).

Or you could telephone me on 0044 1704 549733, but please excuse me if I don't answer after 3-4 rings because I do run a busy little Shop...

Mike Wood
Get off-line and get a nice day!

Forget about the above... only negative intend.. to make feel good over others.

Enjoy yours!!!

Best,

B

February 13th, 2012, 10:03 am #10

I mean I understand disagreements and the satisfaction of being right, but this is very much a scientific endeavor that the community studies and shares openly. Some like you two are famous and move the knowledge forward by leaps and bounds. You dont know how much you mean to the rest of the community who can only play this game in their heads or vicariously through others as we can only afford to have one or 2 special pieces. Its a shame to see these flare ups for no reason.

There has been some incorrect statements recently by gurus, but By and large these debates and corrections are very healthy to our love here and a part of deciphering the history of Rolex for all and forever. When the big pieces like you two stake opinions and knowledge is enhances everyone wins and there is no "loser"