1963 Datejust

Vintage Rolex Discussion

1963 Datejust

June 9th, 2012, 1:20 pm #1

I recently came across this datejust and picked it up after seeing it still appeared to be all original. With the thin case and comfortable two tone stretch bracelet, this piece makes a nice change from the sport watches.

June 9th, 2012, 1:40 pm #2

Long time ago I had one. Old pic.

Greeting from Amsterdam

June 9th, 2012, 1:55 pm #3

I recently came across this datejust and picked it up after seeing it still appeared to be all original. With the thin case and comfortable two tone stretch bracelet, this piece makes a nice change from the sport watches.

a beauty !

June 9th, 2012, 2:37 pm #4

Here is mine from 1965, same type of dial.
No underline, but they have printed the T's from T swiss T later on the dial. (it was born as a SWISS only dial)

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cheers,

Bas.nl

June 9th, 2012, 2:47 pm #5

Nice underline, Bill.
Here is mine.

[/IMG]

June 9th, 2012, 2:52 pm #6

Bas, those added T's make your piece unique for sure. Roel, you had a great piece and I'm sure you miss it, I've always liked the small datejust font like your watch had. Jeff, another underline! Very nice!

Thanks everyone for sharing, I just love to see these old datejusts
Last edited by Billy182 on June 9th, 2012, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 9th, 2012, 3:48 pm #7

With small datejust font, and a matte white swiss dial

June 9th, 2012, 4:41 pm #8

Gorgeous Bill, congrats, great catch

June 9th, 2012, 9:27 pm #9

Those hands, the hour markers and the two tone bracelet. You are right it makes a nice change from the sport watches. Very good looking watch.

June 11th, 2012, 10:05 pm #10

With small datejust font, and a matte white swiss dial

...it's a 6605, right?
Can't go wrong with either one and as always--great taste, Billy!
All the best,
Tom