Reprints on Ebay

July 11th, 2012, 3:20 am #21

I noticed a few reprint parkhurst sets listed that someone seems to have made themselves. It is not the first time I have seen this same seller listing this type of item. I thought there were rules about this kind of thing. Can anyone just print up a 51 Parkhurst set and list it as long as they state it's a reprint? Then there is the ksa graded Gretzky reprint. When those cards were sold ungraded, they were usually pulled, now someone decides to grade them and it's fine? Seems like a slippery slope. Jim
Thanks for the info Mike. I am sure many people will appreciate the history lesson. Can you please shed more light on the hockey booklet? Is it only for the C55 set/players/collectors? Would collectors of the C56 set get as much from the hockey booklet?

Thanks!

July 12th, 2012, 3:56 pm #22

I noticed a few reprint parkhurst sets listed that someone seems to have made themselves. It is not the first time I have seen this same seller listing this type of item. I thought there were rules about this kind of thing. Can anyone just print up a 51 Parkhurst set and list it as long as they state it's a reprint? Then there is the ksa graded Gretzky reprint. When those cards were sold ungraded, they were usually pulled, now someone decides to grade them and it's fine? Seems like a slippery slope. Jim
The Hockey Immortal booklet focuses on the C55 card set and players of the NHA in 1910-11. The C56 set is of the previous 1909-10 players and teams. Would the booklet be of interest to a C56 collector? Well I think so, the booklet does provide info on the league structures at the time, an overview of each team in the NHA as well as other history and game info; and of course many of the players appear in both series so you would have a good view of what was happening then and who was playing.

Here's a link to a photobucket album .. <i></i> NOTE: the plastic pages and cigarette card case in the photo are not available from me at this time..they are just for display ..

.. .

hmmm can't figure out how to post the link or images form photobucket.. help anyone?
Last edited by windhill on July 12th, 2012, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.