Passion for vintage collectables-1932 O'Keefe Coasters

Passion for vintage collectables-1932 O'Keefe Coasters

February 21st, 2011, 2:24 am #1

Hello fellow collectors!

Long-time collector from North Bay,Ontario here. I was doing some 'searching' on the 1932 O'keefe Coasters and my search took me to your forum page-what good fortune!I have 3 of the coasters in my collection and would like to get more. I realize they are rare, however how rare are they?

I look forward to contributing to my new found site!

Cheers.
Dave

February 21st, 2011, 2:55 am #2

February 21st, 2011, 4:41 am #3

Hello fellow collectors!

Long-time collector from North Bay,Ontario here. I was doing some 'searching' on the 1932 O'keefe Coasters and my search took me to your forum page-what good fortune!I have 3 of the coasters in my collection and would like to get more. I realize they are rare, however how rare are they?

Cheers.
Dave
Hey Dave,
Welcome to the hockey forum!!

Those coasters are certainly tough, they don't often show up I see some almost every year offered- but a nice collectible, thanks for posting the scans.

One thing is with these coasters is that I have determined that they didn't issue a Conn Smythe, Dick Irvin, Ken Doraty or Bill Thom, so there are only 16 in the set.

So, you only have 13 left to complete the set!

Bobby
Last edited by BobbyBHockey on February 21st, 2011, 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 21st, 2011, 6:56 pm #4

Hello fellow collectors!

Cheers.
Dave
When I was a teenager I was helping my uncle clean out a rental house he had and there were a few of these in a shoebox that yes we took to the dump .

I do not remember who they were but recall them as they were so cool with all the info on them. Of course they had stains on them from use but other than that they were in pretty good condition if my memory serves me correct. I was not into collecting then and I still cringe today when someone talks about these.

Rob

February 22nd, 2011, 3:56 am #5

Hello fellow collectors!

Cheers.
Dave
The cool thing is one can see most if not all the coasters in an old Leafs program of the same period.
I am not sure whether only one game program had this or the whole year's programs. Perhap one of the persons in the forum can shed some light on this.

February 22nd, 2011, 4:17 am #6

Hello fellow collectors!

Cheers.
Dave

February 23rd, 2011, 12:54 am #7

Hello fellow collectors!

Cheers.
Dave
Bobby,thanks for posting the pictures,however you have only posted 13/16 and the 3 that you didn't post just happens to be the 3 that I have-lol. The write-up summary beside each coaster is interesting and informative. The art-work on the coasters is fabulous. What program did you find the coaster pictures in?

Chhers.

Dave

February 23rd, 2011, 2:43 am #8

Hello fellow collectors!

Cheers.
Dave
That's all I have on file...sorry.

February 23rd, 2011, 1:03 pm #9

I just want to say thanks for scanning the pictures! Which publication did you use for the scans?

Thanks!

February 28th, 2011, 3:14 pm #10

Hello fellow collectors!

Cheers.
Dave
Hi all, I have 12 Coasters, and can scan if you'd like to see. These are really, really tough. Trying to complete set, which, I'm guessing, will be impossible. Ed