Network 54 Fantasy Hockey League

Network 54 Fantasy Hockey League

August 28th, 2007, 1:12 pm #1

Hello all,

With the new NHL season only a month a way (yeah!), I would like to invite any interested board members to join the Net54 "Hockey Legends" Fantasy League! I was the commissioner of the Net54 baseball league this year, and it was a real success. Everyone was competitive and active and it turned out to be a whole lot of fun. I'm hoping that, with the approval of the moderator here, we can carry it over into the hockey realm on this board and have it become a yearly event.

If you're interested, please post your email addy here or send me an email. I will reply with an invite to the league. It doesnt matter if you're a rookie or a seasoned vet, everyone is welcome. All you need is an account with Yahoo.

Some vital stats for the league:

Live draft time: Sept 15th, 9:00PM EST
Max. Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, UTIL, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

It's gonna be a blast. Hope to hear from you!
Last edited by fisherboy7 on September 11th, 2007, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 28th, 2007, 1:28 pm #2

I am in.EM sent.

August 29th, 2007, 12:26 am #3

Hello all,

With the new NHL season only a month a way (yeah!), I would like to invite any interested board members to join the Net54 "Hockey Legends" Fantasy League! I was the commissioner of the Net54 baseball league this year, and it was a real success. Everyone was competitive and active and it turned out to be a whole lot of fun. I'm hoping that, with the approval of the moderator here, we can carry it over into the hockey realm on this board and have it become a yearly event.

If you're interested, please post your email addy here or send me an email. I will reply with an invite to the league. It doesnt matter if you're a rookie or a seasoned vet, everyone is welcome. All you need is an account with Yahoo.

Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, UTIL, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

I'm in too. Any chance you can make it a regular roto league instead of head to head? Also, you may want too trim the roster abit. Jim.

August 29th, 2007, 1:07 am #4

Hello all,

Hey Jim. I'm a fan of roto leagues too and am more than willing to switch it over. As for roster size - I'm a fan of deep leagues, but I'll give some thought to cutting that down a few spots as well. Glad to have you aboard.

I was also debating whether the final offensive category should be SOG, GWG, or SHP. Not sure if I like SOG because it's such a high volume stat. Maybe GWG is better? Any thoughts?

August 31st, 2007, 11:59 am #5

Hello all,

Hey guys

Still looking for some more members for the league. We've got some good guys aboard already but there's still plenty of room!

Cheers,
Ben

August 31st, 2007, 2:21 pm #6

Hello all,

Don't worry Ben. It's still early. Jim.

September 1st, 2007, 7:26 pm #7

Hello all,

Count me in!

Email sent.

Thanks, Bob C.

September 11th, 2007, 4:40 pm #8

Hello all,

Hey Guys. Draft night is getting closer (this Saturday night). We have 8 teams aboard already, but there's still room for more though if anyone else is interested. If you are, post your email here or send me an email at fisherboy7@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite.

Everyone who is already in the league - see you at the draft!

September 11th, 2007, 6:15 pm #9

Hello all,

Hi Ben. Maybe having the draft on a Saturday night is affecting the number of people that have signed up so far. Perhaps a night during the week or a Sunday night would be better. Either way I will be there when the draft takes place.

September 11th, 2007, 6:22 pm #10

Hello all,

Gary. You can set your team to "autodraft". It will automatically pick the top ranked player available when it is your turn. You can pre set it to avoid players you don't want and move guys up in your rankings that you think will have a better year than their current ranking. Jim.