Need the help of the community.

Need the help of the community.

August 1st, 2008, 12:03 am #1

I have some post office fraud.

Its only a 60 dollar item so it wasn't insured, but I received a package sealed in a plastic bag that apologizes for the condition of the package. The condition in question was that someone opened the package and stole the contents.

Here is a scan of the item in question. If you happen to come across this slab or a card that matches it. Let me know. Maybe we can track down a thief.

August 1st, 2008, 3:09 am #2

email sent

August 1st, 2008, 2:44 pm #3

Its only a 60 dollar item so it wasn't insured, but I received a package sealed in a plastic bag that apologizes for the condition of the package. The condition in question was that someone opened the package and stole the contents.

Here is a scan of the item in question. If you happen to come across this slab or a card that matches it. Let me know. Maybe we can track down a thief.

It wasn't insured? Who is the idiot responsible for not insuring it?

August 1st, 2008, 5:11 pm #4

I know you're trolling but I'll respond as if I thought you weren't.

I opted not to pay 10 bucks to have it insured. I pay insurance for any item I buy over 100 bucks. I'm not losing sleep over losing this item. What annoys me a bit is that this item was blatantly stolen. The package wasn't lost or damaged. It was opened. The contents were taken, and then the opened empty envelope was sent to me.

I figured I could let some fellow collectors know in case the individual was dumb enough to attempt to sell the item in its holder or register it on a registry.
Last edited by kehfee on August 1st, 2008, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 1st, 2008, 7:14 pm #5

Probably some postal employee was just trying to teach you a valuable lesson. Insure each and every item worth more than $20. No, trolling would be acting like such a thing should never have happened in the first place.

August 1st, 2008, 7:54 pm #6

I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong please) but Canada Post, UPS, and even Fedex don't cover sportscards. So really why waste any money doing insurance if its not covered? However, always get a signature for that $1 extra.

Andrew

August 1st, 2008, 9:23 pm #7

"I'm thinking like a thieving Postal Employee" ...... wouldn't it make more sense to make the whole package disappear......

vs..

taking out the contents ???

August 2nd, 2008, 2:26 am #8

Andrew is right--shippers don't insure most collectibles, so a high dollar claim will usually be refused. If you put in a claim for $20, they might not question if, but if you claim $500 for a lost card, they will deny you.

Also, buying insurance for every $20 card you buy will quickly dry up your budget. Most packages do arrive safely, and I wouldn't have insured this item either. It may be just a PSA 2, but it still sucks to have it taken!

Earl

August 2nd, 2008, 2:02 pm #9

You really can't blame the guy that took it. If I knew some clown was shipping valuable cards without insuring them, I'd be tempted to take them home myself.

August 2nd, 2008, 3:35 pm #10

That was really funny

Larry, you'd be tempted to take or you'd take?

You need to specify that as it's very interesting to know if you are a thief just in your mind or you are an actual thief.