Any "Genuine" Sporticatures around?

Any "Genuine" Sporticatures around?

November 22nd, 2007, 4:42 am #1

I saw a group of Sporticatures on eBay last year and thought they were really cool. Since then the only ones I see are reprints. Are they that hard to find? They aren't all that old, especially compared to all of the prewar stuff we see for sale.

Does anybody have any genuine Sporticatures that they would like to sell?

Earl

November 22nd, 2007, 1:05 pm #2

Hey Earl,
Pick up the Canadian Sports Magazine that is coming out soon, I have an article writen on the Sporticatures.

Bobby

November 22nd, 2007, 1:33 pm #3

I saw a group of Sporticatures on eBay last year and thought they were really cool. Since then the only ones I see are reprints. Are they that hard to find? They aren't all that old, especially compared to all of the prewar stuff we see for sale.

Earl
I truly enjoy these collectibles, especially the mugs, towels and pennants, the pictures are great too!

Here is a picture of my collection of the Sporticatures.

November 22nd, 2007, 1:43 pm #4

Earl
Having contacted Robert Pelkowski quite a few years back about his sporticatures and was hoping to find out some information for the upcoming VHC release, he is a great guy who still sells the reproductions on ebay.

He had mentioned to me last year that he might be writing a book and I told him I had some image-ready production pictures of all of his stuff he produced that I used for my book and sent him a CD. I asked him for a favour, if he could do a sporticature of me and this is what he sent me, amazing!

November 22nd, 2007, 3:21 pm #5

Earl
Now that is cool - congrats Bobby!

November 22nd, 2007, 5:21 pm #6

Earl
hey bobby,those towels are beauties. robert still has that great touch of artistry. man that photo of you is cool. i am a goaltender and it would be cool to do one of me in net with vintage equipment with sawchuk's leafs uniform from 1966. also i just read the article about the whole story about these sporticature in the canadian "sports collector" magazine on page 54 and 55 in the new december 2007 issue. what a great job you did bobby. keep up the great work!!!
Last edited by danthevintageman on November 22nd, 2007, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 4th, 2007, 11:49 pm #7

Earl
hey earl,all though this one is not a genuine sporticature it was put together by robert for production.but unfortunatly it was not a go as part of the set. i still like this bobby orr though and it can be obtained like the one i bought here from roberts ebay store and he is only reproducing 50 of them.

December 5th, 2007, 3:34 pm #8

Earl
Donald ... do you have a link to the above ?? I wouldn't mind checking it out. thanks in advance....

btw...
that's a terrific Orr Mug you got

December 5th, 2007, 3:50 pm #9

Earl
here you go joe. http://cgi.ebay.ca/BOBBY-ORR-Authentic- ... dZViewItem

December 5th, 2007, 6:21 pm #10

Earl
just bought one / thanks!!!!!!!