1980-81 OPC Number Difference

1980-81 OPC Number Difference

April 22nd, 2010, 11:32 pm #1

Came across something interesting while I was collating a 1980-81 OPC set, I noticed that the numbers on the back of the cards are in two different font sized and then I realized that when Topps would send the printing plates to OPC, they would change the numbering scheme to suit thier own set of cards, although they would leave most of the numbers the same.

It would seem that the 200's and into the 300's have this smaller numbering font...somewhat surperfluous info, however interesting.

Last edited by BobbyBHockey on April 22nd, 2010, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 22nd, 2010, 11:38 pm #2

surperfluous........that is all.

April 23rd, 2010, 12:11 am #3

Came across something interesting while I was collating a 1980-81 OPC set, I noticed that the numbers on the back of the cards are in two different font sized and then I realized that when Topps would send the printing plates to OPC, they would change the numbering scheme to suit thier own set of cards, although they would leave most of the numbers the same.

It would seem that the 200's and into the 300's have this smaller numbering font...somewhat surperfluous info, however interesting.

Holly smokes Bobby,what don't you notice.
you eat,drink,smoke and dream of Hockey facts.

April 23rd, 2010, 8:26 pm #4

Hey Dan ,

He also sings hockey songs when driving to card shows!!!!

I heard a romour that if Bobby does not know it then it does not exist.

April 23rd, 2010, 8:29 pm #5

Easy now boys...I am just an information hound and have been wrong many a time!
Bobby

April 23rd, 2010, 11:48 pm #6

"Easy now boys...I am just an information hound and have been wrong many a time!"

Once again Bobby you are right, even when you are talking about being wrong.
Last edited by DamirTomicic on April 23rd, 2010, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.