1970-71 Montreal Canadiens Buttons

1970-71 Montreal Canadiens Buttons

May 11th, 2012, 12:25 pm #1

Seems like a daunting task to complete this obscure button set. ~ anyone try, or trying ??
The Ken Dryden button has got to be a "short print" ~ are there others that are difficult to find ?? Has anyone tried to put together a comprehensive checklist ??

May 11th, 2012, 1:48 pm #2

You can see a checklist and all 24 Pin-Back Buttons of the set including the Team Logo (see below) on my web site www.CanadiensMemorabilia.com I can also email the list. Let me know. Erle

Visit my web site at www.CanadiensMemorabilia.Com

May 11th, 2012, 7:35 pm #3

Seems like a daunting task to complete this obscure button set. ~ anyone try, or trying ??
The Ken Dryden button has got to be a "short print" ~ are there others that are difficult to find ?? Has anyone tried to put together a comprehensive checklist ??
Ken Dryden is not a short print, just more desirable as there are lots of Dryden collectors and he doesn't have that many issues. Dick Duff may be a short print as his pin back button is harder to find. Here is more info on the set from my web site:

These 1 3/4 inch diameter black and white pin-back buttons were issued by the Montreal Canadiens during the 1970-71 and 1971-72 seasons. They were sold at the Montreal Forum and at variety stores. There were 2 issues: The first issue shows a full body action shot of each player with the player's name in small bold print under the player. These buttons have MADE IN CANADA printed on their side. The second issue, which have FAIT AU QUEBEC on the side, show a larger image of the player and the player's name in large bold print.

May 11th, 2012, 9:51 pm #4

Good info / thanks !!!

Never seen a Dryden before till this week ~ i'll set the over/under at $100.00 ~ i say it goes over

May 11th, 2012, 11:37 pm #5

Erle, is the Canadiens logo pinback part of the set?

May 11th, 2012, 11:43 pm #6

Yes, in talking to older Quebec collectors, the Logo pin was part of the set.

May 11th, 2012, 11:49 pm #7

Thanks.... I thought I had completed my set after finding the Dick Duff button.

How rare is the logo button?

May 12th, 2012, 12:58 am #8

Not hard to find but now a lot more people will be looking for it.

May 12th, 2012, 1:17 pm #9

ds ........
so from your experience did you find certain pins more plentiful while others more difficult to find. ?? From the posted pic, you can clearly see multiples, but i'd imagine different boards had different multiples ??

It would seem to me that all the 2nd series pins would all be tougher to find, but that doesn't explain the possible Dick Duff SP.

I did manage to acquire a few of these pins a few years ago ~ but knowing full well i would never complete the set or how many pins were in it as the info was very limited ~ they got sold off.

Outstanding display items without a doubt !!!!!!

May 12th, 2012, 2:10 pm #10

Check out Capsports2000 current EBay auctions. He has a bunch for sale right now.