1933 Ice Kings

1933 Ice Kings

September 30th, 2006, 4:14 pm #1

1. Does anybody have 1933 Ice Kings Red Horner card in decent shape for sale or trade?

2. Can anybody also tell me why the popularity of that set is going down every year? It's not easy to move PSA 5s (or even 6s) and to get a good price for them. I believe it wasn't overproduced to compare with 1933 OPC set but the latter sells much better/higher.

September 30th, 2006, 4:23 pm #2

This set is not too difficult to complete and i think most of the longtime collectors who wanted this set have finished it. All it takes is 2-3 new people to decide they want to put the set together to bring prices up. On the other hand, if anyone is looking to build this set it is a pretty good time to start, as nice singles can be had for more than a fair price. Jim.

September 30th, 2006, 5:03 pm #3

1. Does anybody have 1933 Ice Kings Red Horner card in decent shape for sale or trade?

2. Can anybody also tell me why the popularity of that set is going down every year? It's not easy to move PSA 5s (or even 6s) and to get a good price for them. I believe it wasn't overproduced to compare with 1933 OPC set but the latter sells much better/higher.
Maybe but I still haven't seen the Horner and a few more cards of the Ice Kings in good shape. There are lots of Blairs, Larochelles, and Mondous, but goalies, Primeau, or Sid Howe are real problem (or maybe it's just my problem).

September 30th, 2006, 6:24 pm #4

Elmar - I might have a PSA 4 Horner for sale. Let me check and I will get back to you.

Cards are definately tough to move, right now, from this set other than the high numbers. One of the problems is that the sellers of these cards seldom list at 9.99 and let the collectors determine the price.

I would also agree with certain cards being very tough to find - including the goalies, Clapper and Howe.

October 2nd, 2006, 3:23 pm #5

Thanks Albie

Please email me what it would be as far as a price when (if) you find it?
elmar_bagir@hotmail.com

There is something wrong with your address.