Yellowjacket Ptq Event Coverage

Information for upcoming tournaments and results from past ones

Yellowjacket Ptq Event Coverage

scoughman
The Nut High

13 Nov 2012, 01:15 #1

I finally have all of my content for the YJ PTQ up on the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/YJMagic, including Top 8 Player Profiles, game play-by-plays, and lots of photos.

If you want read my personal tournament report too, you can see it here on Booster Victim: http://boostervictim.com/2012/11/13/sol ... mber-10th/

Would love to hear any comments or critiques on the coverage, anything I missed or that I could do better next time. Did you guys like this stuff? Was it interesting? Any pool building or gameplay advice for me?
Sol Ring
Solemn Simulacrum
Giant Solifuge
Sol Grail
Solarion
Sol'Kanar the Swamp King
Soliton
City of Solitude

satchmar
The Nut High

14 Nov 2012, 01:04 #2

Great Article man !!

I think yr build was fine but i wouldnt run the void with no island. Definately more consistant if u just stayed with jund
Jon Jakobs

megatherium
The Nut High

14 Nov 2012, 05:57 #3

Great job on the coverage! :ph43r:
Its not a may

One-eyed_Pete
The Nut High

14 Nov 2012, 23:53 #4

im curious how minotaur agressor worked out for you, and if you would have rather had him be an axebane stag or korozda monitor, on the surface he seems kind of weak to me, but i havent had a chance to play with him really
WHO IS DRIVING? BEAR IS DRIVING! HOW CAN THIS BE?! CAR-FULL-OF-MIDGETS!

Taliesin
The Nut High

15 Nov 2012, 03:09 #5

Sol, great job on the coverage and tournament report - what a multi-tasker :)

scoughman
The Nut High

16 Nov 2012, 07:15 #6

satchmar @ Nov 13 2012, 05:04 PM wrote: Great Article man !!

I think yr build was fine but i wouldnt run the void with no island. Definately more consistant if u just stayed with jund
Yeah, that was definitely sketchy... One island might have been alright, but it was actually okay without it. It is a five-drop after all.
im curious how minotaur agressor worked out for you, and if you would have rather had him be an axebane stag or korozda monitor, on the surface he seems kind of weak to me, but i havent had a chance to play with him really
Yeah, idk, I really like the card for no real reason, haha. Axebane Stag probably would have been better, while Monitor has always been pretty bad for me, at least in sealed. I think haste is really underrated as an ability and there were definitely times when I surprised the hell out of someone by hitting them for six out of nowhere. But more often than not my deck was on the defensive by the time I was on five mana, so he just stayed back to block.

Thanks for all your support guys, it was a lot of fun and I was proud to be promoting this big event for YJ!
Sol Ring
Solemn Simulacrum
Giant Solifuge
Sol Grail
Solarion
Sol'Kanar the Swamp King
Soliton
City of Solitude