Let Me Take You Down

Shaara
Weyrling
Weyrling
Shaara
Weyrling
Weyrling

July 14th, 2015, 3:42 am #1

Why, why, a thousand times why, had Lessal agreed to this? How was he supposed to be polite when one of the most beautiful Candidates in the Weyr happened to be his partner for gathering greens? He shoved his glasses a little further up his nose and tried to pretend he wasn't frightened of her or wild whers, whichever came first.

"Would you like to set up camp, miss A-ma-ri-sha?" he asked, carefully drawing out the sounds to make sure he hadn't messed anything up.

"I mean, night is falling, after all."

Synn Fetale
Weyrling
Weyrling

July 14th, 2015, 4:22 am #2

"Hmm? Oh yeah, I guess it is." Amarisha looked up to the darkening sky. "I suppose we should set up our tent. Hope it doesn't have any holes in it... I didn't get a chance to check it earlier. Not that we really need to worry about rain, huh?" She giggled and pulled the pack off her back.

The two had spent the day scouring the desert around Vaioa for greens. They weren't very far away, only a few miles or so. For safety reasons they had been instructed to stay close, but they were perhaps further than they should be. Amarisha was a girl who cared little for rules. Risks made life fun.

Amarisha made a tsking sound with her tongue as she pulled supplies out of her pack. Her arms were red, burnt from the harsh desert sun. "Did you happen to bring any lotion for burns?" She fixed her friend with a mismatched gaze and smiled. "Heh, I kinda forgot mine..."
Signature is victim of The Photoshop Implosion of 2017! Contact an admin to recover your coding

Shaara
Weyrling
Weyrling
Shaara
Weyrling
Weyrling

July 14th, 2015, 5:51 pm #3

"Um...I think so. Here, let me check." Lessal sat down, examining the contents of his bag. At the very bottom, there was a small bottle of lotion, which he handed to Amarisha.
"There you go. I'll look away when you apply it, if you like."
Was that what you did around girls? The idea of his even touching the young woman (a guy can hope, after all, and did he expect her to reach around and rub it in herself?) was frightening, but also a little exhilarating as well. Zara chirruped at Jaro- she was, after all, near to Rising, and Jaro was a handsome little fire lizard!

"If need be, I can repair the tent as well."

Synn Fetale
Weyrling
Weyrling

July 14th, 2015, 11:29 pm #4

Amarisha couldn’t help but laugh out loud. Her friend was as timid as ever, it seemed. She wondered why that was.

“No need to look away, silly boy!” she teased after playfully snatching the medicine away from him. The salve was the soothing sort, meant to alleviate burns and other topical injuries. “I don’t mind if you see me. I like being seen, yup!” The girl quickly rubbed the lotion on her arms then turned and pulled her long blond hair aside so Lessal could see her burnt shoulders and back.

“You could repair the tent? Jays, you seem quite handy! Now be a good boy and rub some of this on my back for me. Pleeeeease? I can’t reach properly.”

Jaro had been flying around all day so landing to rest felt oh so good! His paws touched the sand floor, but it was too hot, so he quickly clambered on top of the sack which contained the tent. Now that was better! Then he looked to Zara and his green eyes whirled for her. She was such a lovely creature and her scent betrayed the fact that she would be ready to chase soon. Perhaps tonight! Kilimanjaro chirped back at her and smacked his tail down in the sand. Could she see how strong he was? He puffed out his chest and splayed his glittering wings to be sure.
Signature is victim of The Photoshop Implosion of 2017! Contact an admin to recover your coding

Shaara
Weyrling
Weyrling
Shaara
Weyrling
Weyrling

July 15th, 2015, 10:40 pm #5

"Certainly, miss." Lessal said. He was a little frightened, all the same- was this a trick, the way it had been when they locked him in the latrine? No, it couldn't be. She had helped him out, after all. She was a kind, gentle, and beautiful young woman, and she was simply asking him to do a small task for her.

"Shall we move towards those rocks?" he asked, looking sidelong towards her. "It's shadier there."

-------

"Here- hold still, please." he said once they had sat down in the shade, beginning to rub the ointment into her back and shoulders. "There we are. Does that feel better?"

Zara extended her wings wide, showing off her shining patches. Let Jaro try to catch her- she was a big, beautiful creature for her color!

Synn Fetale
Weyrling
Weyrling

July 29th, 2015, 8:19 pm #6

Amarisha sighed contentedly as Lessal rubbed the ointment into the hard-to-reach areas on her back. It felt so nice to take cover in the shade. Even during the evening Rukbat’s heat was sweltering in the desert. If only there was an oasis nearby. After a day of toil and sweat nothing would feel better than a nice swim. But for now she supposed she’d have to wait till tomorrow to wash up properly. Hopefully she didn’t smell too bad.

“Feels a lot better, yes. Thanks, Lessy!” The candidate looked back at her short friend and smiled appreciatively before glancing to their flitts. “They sure are getting along!” Ama laughed and stood to retrieve the tent.

As his human fiddled with the weird cloth structure Jaro kept his attention on the green. He chirped and approached her to bump his nose against hers and sniff at her wing. For a green she was big, but not nearly as big as him. If she flew he would easily catch and carry her if she let him.

Shaara
Weyrling
Weyrling
Shaara
Weyrling
Weyrling

July 31st, 2015, 3:57 pm #7

"Zara doesn't usually talk to other lizards." Lessal said, eyes on his work. Indeed, Zara rarely associated with the other fairs of Vaioa Weyr, preferring to spend her time working constantly with her boy. But there was an odd way she treated Jaro- friendly, almost TOO friendly, as though she was going to-
Fly?

She'd flown before, and Lessal had always hidden himself in the watch-wher's kennel when that happened. The idea she might go into heat, here and now, was unthinkable.
Focus. He had to focus on his work, on getting the tent up. Once that was done, he began to pi;e the rest of their things inside, trying to look everywhere but at Ama, and turning redder as he did so. There was no way she'd look at him like that. He was just Lessal. Tiny, weird, scardey-lizard Lessal, and there was no way someone as classy as Amarisha would even give him a thought.

And then there was significantly less thinking. Zara took off, wings flared and voice shrilling a proud challenge to any who would chase her. Lessal watched, them, horrified. There was nowhere to escape this time.

"They…they are flying…"